Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone have Sirius Radio on the boat ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105265-anyone-have-sirius-radio-boat.html)

LapseofReason 01-04-2006 08:45 AM

Re: Anyone have Sirius Radio on the boat ?

We will see.

OldSchool 01-04-2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
He had 16 mil people in 26 markets, now for the first time ever he will be Nation Wide, now a I don't always like what he says or does, but he's a hell of a lot better than everybody who is just trying to be him.

Please :rolleyes:

I think that you might be forgetting that those 16 million people were listening to his goofy azz for free. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. :D :D

One more thing, the reason that I like sat radio is that I don't have to listen to commecials or ANY dj talking. :eureka:

Shore Thing 01-04-2006 09:18 AM

I'm with oldschool on this one. I also got satellite to avoid annoying dj's. I like listening to the Sports Junkies (local) and the don and mike show, but other than that, I hate the on air "talents".

beachbob 01-04-2006 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by rdp145
wow! bold statement, with 3 times the subs. and the fact that Howard didn't really raise the price of sirius stock maybe I won't throw my xm away yet.
:D

I own sirius stock. Howard did raise the price of the stock when it was first revealed he was coming over to sirius its been factored in to the price along time ago. So if they don't get all these new listners thier counting on it will be going back down soon.
I have siruis in my car and had it in boat(sold it). I like it very much. Have never tryed xm so wouldn't hava a opinion.

drypipetiger 01-04-2006 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
One more thing, the reason that I like sat radio is that I don't have to listen to commecials or ANY dj talking. :eureka:

The statement I made agreeing had nothing to do with Stern. I am with you. Commercial free radio. I have XM in my GMC and Sirius in all other vehicles. Sirius has it all over XM.... Without even considering Stern.

Neil

Sunrise Girl 01-04-2006 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by beachbob
I own sirius stock. Howard did raise the price of the stock when it was first revealed he was coming over to sirius its been factored in to the price along time ago. So if they don't get all these new listners thier counting on it will be going back down soon.

We also own Sirius and XM stock. However, I'm not sure if I'd agree that the Sirius stock will go down in value based on Howard Stern. But, I do agree that with Nascar going to Sirius in '07 and them already having the better sports package and it sounds like (from what I've read) better reception and quality, XM better get on the stick!

I bought Kenneth the Sirius Sportster Replay along with the home docking station set up for Christmas.

LapseofReason 01-04-2006 10:09 AM

I am not putting it all on Stern either we have XM on the sales side and my Sirius in the shop and pretty much all 30-40 people like Sirius better now after having both for over a year. I just think he is the final nail in the coffin. As far as the Junkies they suck, I too use to listen to Don & Mike. I like them and Mike has even been on my boat but I don't even bother with FM any more. The only thing that will keep them both XM & Sirius from merging is the same thing that keep Dishnetwork and Direct TV from doing it, the Government.

rdp145 01-04-2006 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs Wigginout
We also own Sirius and XM stock. However, I'm not sure if I'd agree that the Sirius stock will go down in value based on Howard Stern. But, I do agree that with Nascar going to Sirius in '07 and them already having the better sports package and it sounds like (from what I've read) better reception and quality, XM better get on the stick!

I bought Kenneth the Sirius Sportster Replay along with the home docking station set up for Christmas.

I don't own stock in either, so what is the share price of each? As far as reception I don't live around any tall buildings so that might be a factor for some people ,maybe sirius has more repeaters, I think the better reception thing is mostly the install ,they both use the same sat. shooting to the same type ant. on your car or boat. I can pull my car in my garage with the ant. mounted on the underside of my corvette trunk lid and still get perfect reception. From what I understand they paid Stern 150 million! He better bring in alot of subs. As far as equipment check out the xm My-Fi I maybe wrong but sirius has nothing like it. It has a built in ant. will record five hours of music has built in fm modulator and can be moved from car to boat to a motorcycle and back in the house. Everyone thinks there's is the best like Cig. owner Fountain owners and so on it's the same with xm vs sirius, I hope they both do well If there's only one do you think the monthly bill will go down?
:drink: :drink:

Sunrise Girl 01-04-2006 10:54 AM

I don't own stock in either, so what is the share price of each?

Sirius is at $6.40 and XM is st $28.02

Everyone thinks there's is the best like Cig. owner Fountain owners and so on it's the same with xm vs sirius, I hope they both do well If there's only one do you think the monthly bill will go down?
:drink: :drink:

Agree with you on that! :D

drypipetiger 01-04-2006 11:05 AM

Sirius was at around .30 a share a year or so ago...

Wish I had put 10 g's in it.