Notices

New Skater in town!

Old 06-11-2005, 05:32 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
New Skater in town!

I dropped in on Professional Marine Racing in Brick, NJ yesterday only to find out a new Skater has arrived in town.
And man what a nice looking piece too!
Checkout the custom scoops:
Attached Thumbnails New Skater in town!-skater-022.jpg   New Skater in town!-skater-023.jpg   New Skater in town!-skater-015.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-11-2005, 05:33 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Default Re: New Skater in town!

Attached Thumbnails New Skater in town!-skater-009.jpg   New Skater in town!-skater-010.jpg   New Skater in town!-skater-011.jpg  

Old 06-11-2005, 05:38 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Nice reflection....

Notice the colors are different on each side....
Attached Thumbnails New Skater in town!-skater-014.jpg   New Skater in town!-skater-015.jpg  

Old 06-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Great paint job, especially on the scoops. I'm just not a fan on something that is added on. If the scoops were molded in somehow like on the Nortech cats that TO ME would be more creative and look better. For as EXTREME and SUPERB QUALITY as each SKATER that come out of the plant, they need to innovate some styling cues of their own that would set them apart. The designs, although they work, and have been for years, need a freshning or updating in the styling department. Just my observation. Jeff
Old 06-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone's gonna be one happy camper.....
Old 06-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by art kern
if you only new how much work goes into each set of custom hatches , instead of a dull pop it out of the mold , you must cut / grind/ glass/ fare in everything / prime / sand again / paint / sand again / buff . after working over 30 years doing custom fiberglass repair ,and over 12 years at douglas marine/ skater / and owner of macatawa fiberglass repair we do many custom jobs like this because we specalize mostly in skaters . i think if you new how much time goes into each set of hatches ,that you would appreciate them more /A. K. A.
I was fortunate enough to tour the Douglas Marine facility this past winter and was VERY impressed to say the least. The construction techniques used as Skater are the most meticulous and labor intense that I have seen anywhere.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

until they get there insurance quote !! awesome looking piece though without a doubt
Old 06-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Registered

I`d like to add that I`ve never seen a large boat with big flat sides as straight as a Skater. I guess that would have to do with mold quality, maintainence and the time each individual hull is allowed to cure in the mold.
Ain`t nuthin` ''Straighter than a Skater''.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by art kern
if you only new how much work goes into each set of custom hatches , instead of a dull pop it out of the mold , you must cut / grind/ glass/ fare in everything / prime / sand again / paint / sand again / buff . after working over 30 years doing custom fiberglass repair ,and over 12 years at douglas marine/ skater / and owner of macatawa fiberglass repair we do many custom jobs like this because we specalize mostly in skaters . i think if you new how much time goes into each set of hatches ,that you would appreciate them more /A. K. A.
Art, it's not that I don't appreiciate the application, trust me I do understand the work that is involved. My point is every SKATER, which I feel is the best cat made structurally, PERIOD, .... is also to me by a far the least attractive in exterior design and cockpit design. My observation is that they all look the same and relatively alike, and have been for years. My point is a freshning in the dash area as well as cockpit layout and maybe a facelift on the deck it self as well as the hatches/scoops would set it apart for another 15 years. This is just my observation. I do apprieciate the talented guys/gals in the industry. The talent is limited these days, alot of smoke and mirrors, and good marketing, and less of a quality product to mass production. It's a numbers game. Keep up the great work, I honestly didn't meen to offend you. Jeff
Old 06-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Registered

i'll take one any day... no matter how "least attractive in exterior and cockpit design" they may be.

Quick Reply: New Skater in town!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.