Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Have you ever regretted buying too big of a boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105546-have-you-ever-regretted-buying-too-big-boat.html)

BGIII 06-14-2005 02:20 PM

Re: Have you ever regretted buying too big of a boat?

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Went from (Father's) 18' Imp to (my own) Polaris PWC to 26' Sonic to 37' Active Thunder. Don't regret anything one bit. I really like the 32 Sunsation, 32 AT, and 31 Sonic, but 37' is perfect. I could afford one of the just aforementioned with blue motors, but opted for the bigger boat instead of the higher HP.

Good friend of mine told me this about 100 times before I bought my boat "you can add more power, you cannot add more length"

East Coast B 06-14-2005 03:42 PM

Ask 5 different people and you'lll get 5 perfect boats!!! Where I live, I trailer hills and small back roads with my 31. Really wanted the 35, but after towing this, glad I didn't go 35. Now, if I were on flat lands, it would be a 35.

Guess what I'm saying.... It's all relative to where you live and boat and your comfort level in towing......

Sean H 06-14-2005 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
No way, It takes a little work to get a 46 Skater to a poker run, but its great running the boat in rough water.

might not be easy, but it looks good doing it..... :cool: :cool:

jeaston 06-14-2005 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
might not be easy, but it looks good doing it..... :cool: :cool:

You would have said that on the 77' which was very slow. But did have a hot tub. Takes a lot of money and time to have a big go fast. :D :drink:

docmanrich37 06-14-2005 04:31 PM

Nope not aslong as the wife keeps paying for the fuel.

docmanrich37 06-14-2005 04:32 PM

Nope not aslong as the wife keeps paying for the fuel.hey wait a minute she doesn't have a job.Still nope.

SCRAPMAN1 06-14-2005 05:00 PM

BIGGER IS BETTER :evilb:

Reckless32 06-14-2005 05:05 PM

I'm at 32 right now, but a 37-38 would be primo. Come on Sunsation and build that shrunk-down F-4.... :evilb:

Besides like the old saying....."it's not how big it is....it's how you use it".... ;)

ofshore 06-14-2005 06:50 PM

I agree it depends on where you boat, I primarily go boating on lake Erie and half the time my 31' is too small, there's no such thing as to big.

fred 06-14-2005 09:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't regret it, you just need to have or get a crew cab dually to pull it!