If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Part of the problem today with boaters......

Quote Originally Posted by Steamin Rice
    Did your neighbor ask any questions about the boat? I am friends with Barry at Shockwave, and from my experience with him he has been more than happy to educate his customers on their boats. Barry is a boater and I know that he has taken his customers to the lake in their boats many times to show them how to operate them.
    I don't know exactly. My neighbor only told me what I previously mentioned. I went to look at the boat when he brought it home, and he had alot of questions, so I know that the people @ Shockwave didn't really go over any details with him.

Masher touches my Gold Member Outdrive1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Phoenix, Az

Even Kachina who is a small west coast builder delivers all their boats on the water. You pick it up at the factory, follow the tech to the lake, he drives it off the trailer, runs around for about half an hour, comes back to get you at the marina, shows you how to run it, trim it, operate everything and then shows you how to put back on the trailer and secure it. I can't imagine a new boater just hooking up the boat for the first time and going home. At least they water test all the boats too, so you aren't the first guy to drop it in the lake, he wont let a boat go home with being delivered at the lake period. Even my buddy who just bought his second one from him had to go through the process again.

Quote Originally Posted by tommymonza
    80 year old guy can buy a 50 foot PREVOST bus and drive with no instruction.license ,or physical.
    Hey tommy- Holland is full of them right now! Neighbor bought a new 38 bus few years ago and wasn't long before he made it a convertible - blamed the bridge height on the wife- peeled it whole. Some companies that have had lawsuits are getting quite tight with their dealers - friend bought a Honda atv for his son and less than 48hrs later got a call from Honda hqts asking if the dealer had shown them the video and did the safety checklist.

My Boats:
    19'baron to name a few

My dad has traveled the whole uinted states in the last 7 years with these motorhome rallys that they some times hook up with and my dad is a great driver but he's getting up there in years ,when i say dad how much longer doyou think you can drive around like that, he just tells me that he is the young one at most of these rallys and it's mostly the wives driving because the old man is on oxygen.

Lake Mary, Fl

I used to own a Polaris dealership, and they did follow ups with customers all the time to make sure we were doing proper training and education on skis and atvs. (we didn't sell sleds) When I bought my Donzi the dealer did thorough in water training with me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234