Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   going to lotos for 1st time, need help! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105910-going-lotos-1st-time-need-help.html)

gsmith9898 06-19-2005 08:09 PM

going to lotos for 1st time, need help!

I'm wanting to go to lake of the ozarks july 28 and 29th. I will be coming from Tulsa oklahoma. any body have name numbers of a good place to stay and directions? And where to go when there?

Buddy OO 06-19-2005 08:19 PM

Re: going to lotos for 1st time, need help!

Go to funlake.com, try to stay between mm 26 which would be Tantara and 14 which is 4 seasons. ledges, parkview bay, are great condo's that rent. also can go on midwestbaotparty.com to check out places to stay. you will want to visit the new dog days tiki bar at 19mm by grand glaize bridge, horney toads new megaplex at 6mm, topsiders at 19mm, frankie and louis at 10mm, backwater jacks at 17mm, big dicks at 47mm. be very carefuleful as the water is worse than the ocean these days, also visit party cove 2 miles past glaize bridge into glaize arm, please wear your life jackets and make sure your boat idles at 90dbs or less. its a blast, also big surf is awesome waterpark for kids, outlet mall for the wifes, awesome food everywhere, bands on the water.Dale Blue at dog days is always fun in the afternoons. enjoy yourself, and watch out for all the pwc. launch your boat at public beach number 2 on highway 54 4 miles past glaize bridge. you can keep your trailer there also.

gsmith9898 06-19-2005 09:31 PM

is there a place to put the boat in at the hotel and rent a dock?

Spine Tingler 06-19-2005 09:38 PM

Try Lake Chateau in Osage Beach. It's reasonable, clean, and they have docks for rent. We just got back with our crew from Grand and we had 4 boats and lots of FUN. We have stayed there for the last four years and they are very nice people.

gsmith9898 06-19-2005 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by welladjusted
Try Lake Chateau in Osage Beach. It's reasonable, clean, and they have docks for rent. We just got back with our crew from Grand and we had 4 boats and lots of FUN. We have stayed there for the last four years and they are very nice people.

do you have a number for them?

OU Want Some?!! 06-19-2005 09:41 PM

Get new mufflers, have a designated driver for the boat, bring life jackets, (I'll start as well) and watch the water-- it can be treacherous!! like a washing machine with 4 foot rollers coming from every direction--unfortunately the lake claimed a life this weekend........

Spine Tingler 06-19-2005 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
do you have a number for them?

The number is 573-348-2791

Chart 06-19-2005 09:55 PM

There is very good info on this thread, especially by Wiggler. That is, assuming you have a 30'+ boat (or a real 27 -28' boat). As he said, the water in that area can be brutal, and when boats sink on LOTO, it's usually in that area. If you have a smaller boat, and it's your first time, please consider a higher MM number for your lodging. I'd say 25 MM or higher. During the week, the whole lake is fine, but on weekends, from late morning on, 12MM to 23MM can be very rough, and from the toll bridge to the 21 can be very very rough. (Just hate for you to be stuck at the dock in this area because your 22' boat can't handle the waves. That can ruin a vacation)

Also, be sure to consider condos or small resorts. While there are hotels with docks and ramps, most lodging is from privately owned condos through a management company, and you can also rent docks at the same time in the same complex. It's a nice way to stay at the lake. As Jim said, go to funlake.com, and they should have links to property management companies.

gsmith9898 06-20-2005 06:34 AM

I'm taking my 27 foot eliminator daytona. I will take it easy in ruff water. I don't want to get on the wrong end of the lake and have to go to the other end to have fun. Where is the party cove?

Buddy OO 06-20-2005 07:01 AM

If you can get something at parkview bay condos, you'll be past the no wake zone and can run to party cove very easily. from parkview party cove is less than a mile , and is also half mile from public beach 2 where you will launch your boat. also right next to the grand glaize bridge where you are right next to dog days, top siders, backwater jacks, state park if you tube or ski, and they are very nice units and have great docks in a not to rough cove. That is where I used to have a condo before I moved but I've been coming to loto all my life it is where I would recommend you stay. 3 pools also for kids.