Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Loto Vs The Great Lakes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105926-loto-vs-great-lakes.html)

fund razor 06-20-2005 01:46 PM

Re: Loto Vs The Great Lakes

I guess sometimes I like to run the rivers, so I know what you mean as far as seeing shore on both sides.

Maybe it's just a case of different scenery.

Different scenery is cool.

I LOVE havasu. (Just love it more on slow days.)

BLee 06-20-2005 02:09 PM

Having boated on both Lake Michigan and loto I have to say they have very little in common. It's not really fair to compare the two lakes.

Semper Fi 06-20-2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
1500 miles of shoreline, more powerboats than any inland waterway, can own waterfront property, thousands of million plus homes on water, hundreds of waterfront bars and restaurants, 4 star dining, outlet mall, airports, every store and restaurant chainm party cove with over 3,000 boats . there is no other lake in the us like it period. close to st. louis, kansas city. just so much to do and great people. come on down and see us. ask all your grand lake friends why they all come up to loto. huge party lake/

HAVASU!!!! Just kidding guys :D LOTO sounds pretty cool from the above description. I plan on making a trip out there sometime

Tbonepmp 06-20-2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Having boated on both Lake Michigan and loto I have to say they have very little in common. It's not really fair to compare the two lakes.

I agree... two completely different animals.

Wally 06-20-2005 03:53 PM

Each one has its plus sides.....all or most of which have been mentioned above....If your not local to LOTO then it would be in your best interest to go and visit it......even if its just one time and you dont like it you can say youve been there. And having been there numerus times its a great boating place!!! And like wise for anyone that hasnt experienced the great lakes! Theres just something about boating on a body of water that can match ocean type water conditions at you at the blink of an eye!!! :D

Wally 06-20-2005 03:54 PM

Oh and no matter where you go or how big a body of water you are in.....theres always that one guy that HAS to bee too close to you or doesnt know how the right of way works on the ater and Forcs you off your heading!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

Horseplay 06-20-2005 04:23 PM

You can boat for about 90 miles without stopping.
1200+miles of shoreline.
Bars and restaurants: 80-100+
Party Cove: 1000-1500 boats tied up everyweekend and .......
Many marinas, resorts, condos, boat dealers,.......................................... ...............
Haven't been to LOTO but we do spend a lot of time on Lake Huron. While it's not a party lake (you need to bring your own party) we can boat for 100 miles and never see land - or another boat.

Madcow 06-20-2005 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=ScarabScoundroul]
If you like crowds, and crowded water....[quote]
You lost me right there. I'll stick with the millions of square miles of the great lakes.

FASTERDAMITT 06-20-2005 05:07 PM

It's all about the shorline in sight. More things to look at, places to more or fish, some people more comfortable seeing land, food and beer!

Steve_H 06-20-2005 05:23 PM

i know Nort loves LOTO.
thats good enough reason for me to like it too. :evilb: :D