Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   GENSETs are Dangerous---Fla. couple dies of carbon-monoxide poisoning (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105936-gensets-dangerous-fla-couple-dies-carbon-monoxide-poisoning.html)

IndianaHeat 06-21-2005 02:42 PM

Re: GENSETs are Dangerous---Fla. couple dies of carbon-monoxide poisoning

I have heard that it can also happen,when tided up rafting to a large cruiser in a low profile boat.

CAP071 06-21-2005 03:11 PM

so sad :(

offthefront 06-21-2005 04:01 PM

I want to install my home generator outside where a 100 sub pnl exist but there is a vent from our Down Draft cook top right next to where the gen would be ....does the CO drift up ? Or is it heavy and falls ? the vent tub goes horizontal about 10 feet then up about 5 feet .... the vent has a flapper on it but dont want ANY chances

ATPatrick 06-21-2005 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
What an unfortunate accident. I have always gotten diesel generators vs gas for this reason, so I have been told. Does anyone know if it was gas or diesel as to further educate us all, thanks. Jeff

That's why we use that Mace Diesel pain-in-the-ass. Diesel won't kill you.

Also, the fume detectors aren't an option according to CG books.

Jassman 06-21-2005 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ATPatrick
That's why we use that Mace Diesel pain-in-the-ass. Diesel won't kill you.

Also, the fume detectors aren't an option according to CG books.

OK, so I will Pat you on the back :p :D It worked flawless, good recomendation, I also put it on my last boat, and it will be on my next. BTW how was it, still haven't done anything, time is ticking. :drink:

ATPatrick 06-21-2005 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
OK, so I will Pat you on the back :p :D It worked flawless, good recomendation, I also put it on my last boat, and it will be on my next. BTW how was it, still haven't done anything, time is ticking. :drink:

This week will tell..... Call me anytime.

BTW, bought a 21 Malibu Wakesetter for my personal boat. Had that puppy up to 44.5 mph this weekend. Damn fast!

Kids caught some serious air. We did "ollies, backside, toeside, heelside, double-ups" all weekend.

Not quite sure what they all were but I think I had fun.All I know is I am running faster than Kevin and Judy..... :D

Jassman 06-21-2005 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ATPatrick
This week will tell..... Call me anytime.

BTW, bought a 21 Malibu Wakesetter for my personal boat. Had that puppy up to 44.5 mph this weekend. Damn fast!

Kids caught some serious air. We did "ollies, backside, toeside, heelside, double-ups" all weekend.

Not quite sure what they all were but I think I had fun.All I know is I am running faster than Kevin and Judy..... :D

You gotta know Kevin still won't push that throttle past 3500rpms, for optimum fuel mileage. We all need to get together once I get my **** together and go on a poker run, maybe later on in the year to the keys. :drink:

Loan Ranger 06-22-2005 01:30 PM

What a terrible story. My brother was very good friends with these people and was actually supposed to meet them by boat last weekend. They were on a 26 Chaparral and had a portable Honda generator on the swim platform to power their A/C. They were actually rafted off to several other boats for the night and had used the generator in this way numerous times before. He said they were great people, no children and were about to build a new home on the lake. The viewing is tonight, funeral tomorrow. Important lesson to make sure your co2 monitors are working.