Notices

Boat racing on TV

Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat racing on TV

Here are a few more video captures
Attached Thumbnails Boat racing on TV-m-5.jpg   Boat racing on TV-m-6.jpg   Boat racing on TV-m-8.jpg  

Old 06-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat racing on TV

Gdfthr:
Don't know if you read the thread I refered too, but it concerned what needed to be done to bring the sport forward. You are absolutely right about atleast it was television exposure. What I was doing was looking at it from the uneducated fan perspective.

- How many classes were actually running? Without knowing the sport it would have appeared to be about 20. There was no focus because they were getting everybody on television. This might be improved in an hour but it hadn't been in the last couple of years except in OSS and that was because the races were limited to one class. That is not an endorsment of OSS per se, but simply the television in it's first year as far as classes. I have no clue what they are doing this year.

- Is Fountain a major sponsor? (That's asked tongue in cheek) because that was the only manufacturer I heard mentioned throughout.

- Onboard is always good but just for the sake of onboard? No chatter? Just motor sounds and usually too much light coming in to see out the front window.

Let me state that this is not a reflection on Stan or the production company. They work within the perameters given but going back to the entire sport, the television has always been almost an afterthought. In reality it is the one vehicle that can get the word out to new fans. Boat racers like the show if their boats are in the show. Sooner or later the idea has to get out that it has to be fan oriented.

This past weekend F1 forgot the fans ... and now the fans are going to forget F1.

The rest of the case I was resting was stated in the thread that went on for the better part of a week. I found the comments and ideas to be excellent and thanked all who participated when it completed.