Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any easy ways to remove water spots? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106107-any-easy-ways-remove-water-spots.html)

docmanrich37 06-22-2005 02:45 PM

Re: Any easy ways to remove water spots?

I use the mr.clean deal for the past 2 yrs. and it works good but when going through the filter of the spray nozzle it has no pressure and takes longer to rinse it off.still like the way it works when it's done.

wrinkleface 06-22-2005 03:03 PM

The wife and I used Kaboom that we bought at K-Fart, worked damn good. Washed boat w/ boat soap right after then waxed. good Luck, Wrink

Harper220 06-22-2005 04:10 PM

Diluted Sno Bol = Unbelievable!!

I should have remembered, since I used it a few years back to remove some nasty deposits leaking out of my rub-rail.

Seriously, don't waste your time with anything else. This stuff wiped the spots off in one pass... :D

CMG 06-22-2005 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Wally
CMG...i was sceptical about trying it but got it as a gift so why not! :D i was very surprised at how well it does work.....i'm not gonna use the soap either but since they gave me a bottle i figured why not :) nothing beats a bucket and a sponge but i can see how it would be VERY easy to just soak the truck down.....and soap up the truck in sections using the soap dispencer and just going over it with a sponge.....no bucket needed if you think about it. I did my Burban and my wifes black jeep liberty and both came out as good as if i spent the full time cleaning with bucket and sponge.....i will admit i missed a few spots on both trucks with this soap dispencer deal but ya cant expect perfection on this kind of work :D

I have a suds fetish and am convinced if its not super sudsy that I'd scratch the paint. I do use the gun for a quick coating but always use bucket too. I have never even used a sponge on either vehicles, I have a soft brush that doesn't scratch at all and cuts time in half. Its made by carrand and is made for soap and water flowing through the handle but never use that way

Steamin Rice 06-22-2005 05:14 PM

mix 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water and put it into a spray bottle. It should remove the water spots, but remember that it will also remove any wax that is on the boat as well. :drink:

MitchStellin 06-22-2005 05:57 PM

The key to using a brush is lots of water, a car wash uses up to 50 gallons of water. A brush alone will scratch thats why the water running thru it is the best. I only use a wool mit, lots of soap and water, i spray the truck down first to remove any sand or loose dirt. I wash my truck at least once a week, if it rains even more often. On the spots I use city water :D but in the past, like on the boat, i use the vinegar idea and sometimes toilet bowl cleaner. 3M Perfect-it also works well. To keep it off I dry it after coming out of the water, wax will help make it easier if it dries.

rdp145 06-22-2005 06:34 PM

Ducky works great

CMG 07-20-2005 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse James
Thanks for the reccomendation of the Mr. Clean I used it last night for the first time.......full size escalade black about 15 minutes and if I would have followed the instuctions and rinsed out the mirrors there would have been no spots that thing definatly has my vote for now. I am curious to see what the filter life is. Thanks again guys..

the starter filter they include doesn't last that long, a "real filter" I'd guess 5-10 truck rinsings - As long as you don't try and rinse soap off with the filter option. The soap doesn't last that long at all, I use regular old Turtle wax soap from a bucket and Mr Clean for final rinse. NH well water is super hard and I'm sure I wear out a filter faster than most though I used it on my boat and that greatly reduced filter life.

REBEL4845 07-20-2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
Diluted Sno Bol = Unbelievable!!

I should have remembered, since I used it a few years back to remove some nasty deposits leaking out of my rub-rail.

Seriously, don't waste your time with anything else. This stuff wiped the spots off in one pass... :D

I have been a painter for 10 yrs. Toilet bowl cleaner will work great on gel, but it will eat clear coat. The acid in the cleaner will clean great but break down the clear in the process. The only paint that can withstand acid is Emron, which is barely used at all anymore. Good Luck.

dank368 07-20-2005 03:03 PM

A sander or grinder work really well :D :D

Oh, did you want to keep the paint? :D :evilb: