Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106137-what-would-you-do-if-dealer-wanted-you-pay-more-after-buying-truck.html)

CustomRigger101 06-22-2005 05:26 PM

Re: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

i've been in the car or boat biz now for 14 years

you have title to this unit.. you have dealer signed off deal agreement..they got funded for the truck the day your check cashed.. what happened is the dealer made a accont screw up

you have the title you own it.. hands down.. be for..

lowblue320 06-22-2005 05:36 PM

being in the car business many years someone may of fuc-ed up but thats exactly what it is. maybe gm denies giving them that rebate but thats a personal problem for them and you dont have anything to do with that, if you have the title(specially 5 months later) dont worry and dont answer the phone.let someone else pay for there mistake. I dont believe that they waited 5 months to call you and try to make more money on you as the sales person already made there money and the dealership makes enough to have to call there previous customers to make more I just think they really had a problem with that pionts issue and know the deal is short. therefor you probably stole that thing enjoy that really doesnt happen much but hey.

MitchStellin 06-22-2005 05:47 PM

I would pay them the $2900, when it is cashed get your attorney and the BBB to investigate, tell them you will settle for $5000 and drop all the heat that could shut them down. No, not really, I would give them a check for $2.99 tell them to add some zeros and cash it, that could turn into a new truck..all for $2.99. Or you could call them and tell them to meet you in a dark alley, then run them over. :D All these ideas are just as far fetched as them asking you for the money. :D See GM is on the brink of BK and they will do anything to add to the bottom line, they will become solvent one sucker at a time. :D :eek:

Spine Tingler 06-22-2005 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Here is story. I will give my opinion on this at the end.

About 5 months ago bought a 2005 Chev 2500HD short bed crew cab with Duramax/Allison so I could tow boat. At that time if I put the truck in company name they would give me a $1500.00 fleet discount. They were also giving an extra 1,000 points added to the points you had on a GM card, thus I had 2900 points or $2900.00 I was able to use as credit against the cost of the truck. Today we (really wife got call) from the sales man saying GM denied the 2900 points & I needed to bring them a check for $2900.00

The way I look at it is this is between the dealer & GM. If I give one of my customers a price for something, close the deal & get paid. I can not go back to them latter & say hay, the manufacture would not give me the price I thought I was going to pay so I now need more money from you.

Am I right or wrong? What is your opinion on this?

Two words to the dealer: SEE YA

GoCiggie31 06-22-2005 08:05 PM

You may want to make sure
-DMV paper work has been filed by retailer and they are not sitting on docs
-lender has been already processes your original loan

Call the GM consumer affairs hot line(should be in your owners manual) to log in the complaint
and
call the BBB to log in this issue to cover your AZZ

just in case there is residual down the road and you find something funny has happened to your loan or ?.

Thats some big balls for the store to try and come after you 5 months later...I guess it takes awhile for them to reconcile their books ...hate to see their receivables-scary.

Mentalpause 06-22-2005 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I'd just tell them "nice try".........

Me too, and to seal the deal I would tell them come after me, I will just report the story to the local press. They will leave it immediately.

dukenrock 06-22-2005 10:23 PM

It's simple, tell them to take the truck back. That's not the deal you initiated. No attorney needed :drink: This would mean the contract was invalid and they actually owe any monies you've paid toward the vehicle.

thisistank 06-22-2005 10:28 PM

I'd tell them to suck my nutt sack and hang up on them! Possesion is 9/10's the law baby! :drink:

thisistank 06-22-2005 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by dukenrock
It's simple, tell them to take the truck back. That's not the deal you initiated. No attorney needed :drink: This would mean the contract was invalid and they actually owe any monies you've paid toward the vehicle.

This is true, then you can take advantage of this gnarly family plan deal they have going right now and get 15k under for the same truck! :cool:

pm203 06-22-2005 11:09 PM

If they did not verify your elgibility for the points up front,its their stupid mistake,not yours.As a dealer,we verify all factory programs prior to opening our mouths and signing a contract.Tell the dealer to write it off and move on.