Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Taking my Skater to Sanibel Fl (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106343-taking-my-skater-sanibel-fl.html)

offshoresteve 06-25-2005 09:26 PM

Taking my Skater to Sanibel Fl

We are headed down to Sanibel with my 28 Skater for a couple of weeks.My wife and I are planning on ''Skating'' on up to Sarasota to watch the races .Is anyone running from that area to Sarasota to watch the races?

lucky strike 06-25-2005 09:53 PM

Re: Taking my Skater to Sanibel Fl

We'll be in Sarasota the weekend of July 4th. There is a Poker Run that Saturday.

LS JR.

Formula Outlaw 06-26-2005 08:03 AM

You'll have a blast. While at Sanibel be sure to try the grouper sandwich at "Grandma Dot's" Best in the state. There is/was also a canal that goes right through the middle of a golf course that you can run on. That was fun.

Another thought, if you have the time, run the "Okeechobee Waterway". Runs across the state from Ft. Myers to Stuart on the east coast. Rolan Martin has a marina you can stay at just off "the Lake" that a good stop over point. Just be sure that all the locks (five total) are operating. Once in a while one goes down for repairs.

OSO party at the Boathouse (restaurant at the Hyatt overlooking the basin) Friday night July 1st.

Have a great time.

mrssun 06-26-2005 10:27 AM

Be sure to try McT's on the island....awesome food!!!!

gdfatha 06-26-2005 10:33 AM

LS will the poker run be milling in the Hyatt Marina??

Steve..There is another post about a Pier 57 part on Thursday

lucky strike 06-26-2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
LS will the poker run be milling in the Hyatt Marina??

I think so, we're staying there and have a slip for the boat.

LS JR.

LongShot 06-26-2005 09:05 PM

The (OPBA) - Offshore Power Boat Association is hosting a poker run out of the Sarasota Hyatt. Estimated 40 - 50 boats.

OPBA 4th of July Poker Run Registration - Log onto www.opbafl.com for poker run registration. We also host another poker run Labor Day Weekend.

open87 06-26-2005 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
. Just be sure that all the locks (five total) are operating. Once in a while one goes down for repairs.

mid south florida has waterway lock systems ???

JCPERF 06-26-2005 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by open72
mid south florida has waterway lock systems ???

Cape Coral and Ft. Myers have locks everywhere.There is 1 or 2 main canals you have direct access in the Cape

open87 06-26-2005 10:21 PM

i never knew that , always thought it was pretty much flat accross the state .