Valvtech fuel and Swepco oil- anyone have experience >

Valvtech fuel and Swepco oil- anyone have experience

Notices

Valvtech fuel and Swepco oil- anyone have experience

Old 06-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvtech fuel and Swepco oil- anyone have experience

Some of the stations on the water are starting to carry the valvetech gas and claims better fuel economy, hp, etc, also swepco oil is said to increase power as well. anyone have experience or feedback on these products =dp they work? thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: Valvtech fuel and Swepco oil- anyone have experience

Good question,the gas pump guys try to tell me that valvtech 89 octane and duralt 89 octane are equal to 92 octane,i say BS-octane is octane,if it raised the octane to 92 they'd call it 92!! Smitty
Old 06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Valvtech fuel and Swepco oil- anyone have experience

Originally Posted by articfriends
Good question,the gas pump guys try to tell me that valvtech 89 octane and duralt 89 octane are equal to 92 octane,i say BS-octane is octane,if it raised the octane to 92 they'd call it 92!! Smitty
Valvetech is a brand of "upper" cylinder lubricant that is in fact an oil distillate product which will clean and lubricate injectors; clean and lubricate valves as well.

Marvel Mystery Oil gasoline treatment does the exact same thing. To give you an idea of what it costs retail to offer you this "protection and benefit"...one quart of Marvel will treat about 125 gallons of gasoline and costs $3.99/qt. that's a cost of about 3 cents per gallon.

Now by adding an oil to gasoline...and i strongly believe from what I have read MMO gas treatment works and I now use it as a result of my education on the product... it will reduce the flash-point of the gasoline much like an octane additive will..so the fuel burns a little slower with the oil mix and in theory it raises the perceived "pseudo-octane" like level a bit....maybe an 89 might burn now like a 90 or 91 with the treatment. They can not advertise a higher octane content because octane is octane. But in theory it is a slower burning higher-octane like fuel after treated.

Marvel Mystery Oil Gasoline Additive's biggest advantage is that over time...probably several tanks....it has the qualities of a penetrating oil...it will remove carbon deposits existing in many places of the engine. Many oilaholics on Bob' site add a little MMO or even a dash (100:1) of 2-cycle oil to their gas to keep the upper cylinder oiled. It has been shown to increase fuel economy a bit by keeping the carb and injectors and valves working better...probably enough to pay for itself.. if it costs 3 cents per gallon that is.

So what you heard is kinda of true more or less.

...I have no life..I am an oil mixologist.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-26-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We have valvtect at our marina, too, I've never had any problems with it. It does appear to behave like a higher octane fuel.
http://www.valvtect.com/consumer.asp
Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Registered

So you're saying mixing 2-cycle at 100:1 is similar, I always wondered about that. Anyone else doing this???
Old 06-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dkwestern
So you're saying mixing 2-cycle at 100:1 is similar, I always wondered about that. Anyone else doing this???
2=Cycle oil is the poor man's choice. Marvel Mystery Oil Gasoline Treatment and Valvetech are more similar.
They have a solvent based lubricant present.

After what I read on bob's site...only the well informed do this..even with their cars. I you want to both clean and lubricate your injectors, valves and keep them free of carbon...especially the valves use some.

So you are adding a "detergent" and an upper end lubricant to your gas...the experts say it's works and slows down the flash of gas to effectively make it less likely to cause spark knock.

I tried just 2-cycle oil at about a 200:1 mix and there were no problems...plugs were clean. But if you mix go with the MMO gas treatment.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:26 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

what about swepco oil?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
what about swepco oil?
Swepco Fuel improver; Valvetech and Marvel Mystery Oil Gasoline Additive and Rislone gasoline Treatment...and probably several others I haven't mentioned... all are similar compounds. Bob's oil fanatics say they work and they work very well. I use them routinely in engines from tractors to cars to boats that I intend to keep.

Clean and lubricate injectors....over time will remove carbon deposits from valves...will lubricate valves and prevent sticking valves and also will treat and/or prevent sticking piston rings.

An added feature is they decrease the gasoline's volatility some and the gas burns a bit slower and that means even less chance for knocking.

If the gas you buy has Valvetech you are good to go. If you buy a lower grade of octane that does not contain it for 3 cents a gallon you can add the MMO gas treatment which is available in quarts at most any auto store...probably Wallyland too...it is only 4 bucks/qt.

Good stuff...you know a sticking valve can lead to an engine rebuild if it happens as you are heading towards the redline. Don't leave shore without some in your tank!

..oh by the way...MMO is red in color and smells good..just ask Cuda...

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-27-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Registered

Default Fuel

I do not know if Valv Tech works however Neutra Feul Stabilizer does all you ask and more.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been using the stuff most of this season on my 420's and have not had any issues so far.