Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which lettering do you like better? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106409-lettering-do-you-like-better.html)

FOUNTAINATLAST 06-27-2005 11:33 PM

Re: Which lettering do you like better?

Sweet looking boat, no lettering would be my vote though. :rolleyes:

DannyD 06-27-2005 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl

Yep, that's what I would do.
Mark, the boat looks great!!!!!

Ms PatriYacht 06-27-2005 11:49 PM

Weird, in person I thought the graphics and name looked great. I can see by the pictures why everyone choose the second choice but when you see it in person the name compliments the paint job while not over powering it it.

Most importanly though, is what does Debbie think :D

MarkSmith 06-27-2005 11:59 PM

She hates the chrome on this paint Job.

MarkSmith 06-28-2005 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
#2 but out line the black in yellow, jay boat #1 or #3 :D

Sorry, I had the wrong #2 picture in there. The background is already yellow. The correct picture is now in.

tamburello 06-28-2005 02:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few ideas that I came up with.

- Jeff

tamburello 06-28-2005 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And...one more.

- Jeff

tamburello 06-28-2005 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what the names look like sans boat.

- Jeff

woogie 06-28-2005 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
No!

There is meaning to the name. It is named after one of winningest drag teams in the 70's owned by the master-mind Austin Coil from Chicago (Chi-Town) pronounced "Shy-town"
My oldest brother used to run the local tracks and we would go to the nationals and watch.

The commercials on TV would scream "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday........

Austin Coil currently is the crew chief for John Force's team.

Cool name Mark - used to hang in pits back before ropes and fences and watch the Chi Town crew work. They were top dogs along with Roland Leongs "Hawaiian" and "Jungle Jim" Lieberman. Now those were the days of REAL burn-outs. There is a Chi Town car in NHRA museum.. They changed the type style alot over the years - maybe pick-up on one for nostalgia sake.

MarkSmith 06-28-2005 11:38 PM

Tamburello,
Thanks for the ideas. If you're looking for a check for design time, I am flat broke. In fact, I am not even putting the engines in the boat. My friend with his 20 ft. boat with a small block will tow me to the beach in the morning and back in the evening. :D :D :D