Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skater Vee, y so little info (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106562-skater-vee-y-so-little-info.html)

Firewalker 06-28-2005 12:03 PM

Skater Vee, y so little info

The new Skater 399 Vee has been out for a few years now, why is there so little being said about them?

Thanks

RT

Sean H 06-28-2005 12:04 PM

Re: Skater Vee, y so little info

how many have they built?

Cord 06-28-2005 12:23 PM

One thing that Skater told me was that they were not going to be building any more cabins into the V's. That really limits the boat's interest to the civilian market.

Anarchy Powerboats 06-28-2005 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cord
One thing that Skater told me was that they were not going to be building any more cabins into the V's. That really limits the boat's interest to the civilian market.

And it eats up the one thing Skater doesn't have, time.

BLee 06-28-2005 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Fountain's 42PR and Donxi's 38ZR don't have cabins either and they sell pretty good.

The price is more than double for the Skater with moderate power. There are alot of other boats out there for 400k+ for most shoppers. It's definitely a sweet boat.

Ryan Beckley 06-28-2005 12:53 PM

If you have any questions call Pete or Chris at Skater. I think they have built the 2 Spidermans and the one pleasure boat. Nothing beats a Skater!

Rik 06-28-2005 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
The price is more than double for the Skater with moderate power. There are alot of other boats out there for 400k+ for most shoppers. It's definitely a sweet boat.

The pricing is no where near that outrageous. In fact it is less expensive than a lot of other boats with moderate power.

Under 400K rigged, trailer and powered with a good set of engines.

Dd24skater 06-28-2005 01:24 PM

Nice boat!

Sean H 06-28-2005 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
The Fountain 42PR in the new PRA mag was listed at $413K and change. Surely the Skater V doesn't cost $826,000. :eek: :eek: The Outer Limits 39 GTX with a half cabin was $600,000. The Donzi was ridiculous at $750K. I don't know how they think they're $337,000 better than Fountain. :rolleyes: Especially considering the Fountain has the exact same hull as the record-holder Rio Roses.

The OL ran 110 with Ilmor 625s. The Donzi ran 124 with Merc 1075s. The Fountain ran 100 with Merc 600s.

Looks to me like the Fountain is the best deal, especially considering the price. And it looks cooler than the other boats in this class too.

i am not sure about comparing 1075/#6 boats versus 600 HP/bravo style boats (the main reason the donzi is so much higher in retail price)..... but anyway... i would take the OL 7 days a week and twice on sunday... :D and i wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into a boat just because it has a fast hull, while reggies kilo record is impressive, i wouldn't buy a boat just because of it.... :drink:

Buddy OO 06-28-2005 02:36 PM

Takes too long to get one, when I checked 18 months, with 525 power cost was 380-390k base boat. the donzi zr is not selling because of no cabin, they cant give them away. at loto anyway. the fountain sells because its cheap but they only hold 4 people. buy a Nortech 39 and have it all in reasonable time, state of the art styling 90 plus mph on staggered 525;s all under 350k and alot better ride.