Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   size restriction on havasu? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106573-size-restriction-havasu.html)

dave911 06-28-2005 08:07 PM

Re: size restriction on havasu?

If memory serves, parts of the channel can get pretty narrow.
It seems reasonable to me to have a size limitation for safety.
While "most" OSO guys are decent pilots, you get some drunk squid in there with a big boat and...

Outdrive1 06-28-2005 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Oh, they enforce it! We were booted out last season. We were running through in a Tiger and a Top Gun

That sucks, but how many times have your run through there without being bothered? The earlier post mentioned something about houseboats and that makes more sense. I guess that having the sign there just gives them the "right" to hassle you if they feel like it and kick you out for no other apparent reason as well. Communist bastards..... :evilb:

thisistank 06-28-2005 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
That sucks, but how many times have your run through there without being bothered? The earlier post mentioned something about houseboats and that makes more sense. I guess that having the sign there just gives them the "right" to hassle you if they feel like it and kick you out for no other apparent reason as well. Communist bastards..... :evilb:

I just think with the boats out there getting larger and larger and faster and faster the city officials and local law enforcement are getting a little overwhelmed and don't know how to handle it. The length limits in the channel have been posted there for years but never enforced until the last couple of years.

The boat cop that stopped us was really cool and just said we couldn't be in the channel. I said we were moving through and he was cool with that. At the same time Gibsons 40 MTI was beached right across from us as well as a few other 38-42 foot boats. I asked the cop about docking in front of the LBR and the answer was the same, they're all illegal to be in here. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they see the big picture and chill a bit. With the lifting of the limits during the run that shows a good sign. Now to just kick the owner of the marina out and get some decent people in there and all will be well.

Outdrive1 06-28-2005 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I just think with the boats out there getting larger and larger and faster and faster the city officials and local law enforcement are getting a little overwhelmed and don't know how to handle it. The length limits in the channel have been posted there for years but never enforced until the last couple of years.

The boat cop that stopped us was really cool and just said we couldn't be in the channel. I said we were moving through and he was cool with that. At the same time Gibsons 40 MTI was beached right across from us as well as a few other 38-42 foot boats. I asked the cop about docking in front of the LBR and the answer was the same, they're all illegal to be in here. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they see the big picture and chill a bit. With the lifting of the limits during the run that shows a good sign. Now to just kick the owner of the marina out and get some decent people in there and all will be well.

Gibson's boat........

carney 06-29-2005 04:21 PM

stay on top of it and maybe the out come will be good. boating is a lot of fun uot there.

fund razor 06-29-2005 04:44 PM

I have been going to Havasu since 82 when my buddy's dad moved out there to open a pharmacy. Every time I go back I am amazed at how much has changed. I have lots of old time pics for some other thread. (this is about restrictions... not good old days pics.)

I remember when boat traffic was rather light. Mostly little outboards and those first stand up jet skis.

It's a shame that they have a prick running the marina. Doesn't seem like any doubt that he is.

But every community has the right to legislate what they want.
Visitors do not have this right.

If I was one of the oldsters in Havasu I would be freaked out by the lines of perf boats coming in from CA and NV.

I would say if you really love Havasu as a performance boating mecca, and you want to see the town move all the way in that direction... your only option is to move there, buy property and register to vote.

They don't tell MY community what to do.
I'm not telling THEM what to do until the day that I am a registered Lake Havasu City voter.

thisistank 07-06-2005 04:16 PM

I'll let you guys know about the size restrictions after this weekend. We'll be there Friday to Monday. Plan on sipping cocktails in the channel. We'll see how it goes :rolleyes: :drink:

thisistank 07-11-2005 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No sweat! We cruised the channel several times and chilled for a while and watched the activities for a while with out a problem. Drove past several law enforcement boats and got the friendly wave. Here's my step daughter driving the boat through the channel thinking she's king sh!t! :D :D

lucky strike 07-11-2005 10:11 PM

No sweat! We cruised the channel several times and chilled for a while and watched the activities for a while with out a problem. Drove past several law enforcement boats and got the friendly wave. Here's my step daughter driving the boat through the channel thinking she's king sh!t! :D :D

Nice hat ;)

LS JR.

thisistank 07-11-2005 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Nice hat ;)

LS JR.

that's my pimpin' hat...She stole it from me :drink: