Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone know an engine builder that can rebuild my engine right?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106617-anyone-know-engine-builder-can-rebuild-my-engine-right.html)

gotime34 06-28-2005 09:42 PM

Anyone know an engine builder that can rebuild my engine right??

I have had a company rebuild my left engine 3 times in the past year. I have boated 20 hours in 2 summers and I am sick of it. Every time the engine comes back it goes in and has some kind of problem. 1st it was the harmonic balancer, then I lost oil pressure, and now I either blew a hole in the piston or cracked a ring. I don't care about the BullSh*t warranty anymore, I just want to boat again. If anyone knows someone who can rebuild it right, please let me know so I can use my boat for once. I also need it done quickly, which is the kicker because I don't think people like JC Perf have time to do it right now. Please let me know so I don't have to be boatless for another summer.

gotime34 06-28-2005 09:43 PM

Re: Anyone know an engine builder that can rebuild my engine right??

I also don't want to ship it all over the country, so someone on the east coast would be best. I am in Connecticut.

dreamer 06-28-2005 09:44 PM

gellner enginerring

cleveland oh

Byrdman 06-28-2005 09:48 PM

I do not think anybody has the time...did you call around yet?

stecz20 06-28-2005 09:50 PM

call jc... why dont you ask him first if he has time.. im dealing with him now and so far im very happy...

Sean H 06-28-2005 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by gotime34
I have had a company rebuild my left engine 3 times in the past year. I have boated 20 hours in 2 summers and I am sick of it. Every time the engine comes back it goes in and has some kind of problem. 1st it was the harmonic balancer, then I lost oil pressure, and now I either blew a hole in the piston or cracked a ring. I don't care about the BullSh*t warranty anymore, I just want to boat again. If anyone knows someone who can rebuild it right, please let me know so I can use my boat for once. I also need it done quickly, which is the kicker because I don't think people like JC Perf have time to do it right now. Please let me know so I don't have to be boatless for another summer.

call JC, if he can't help you out, he will point you to somebody who can....

bob 06-28-2005 09:58 PM

Richie Zul can help now.

stecz20 06-28-2005 10:01 PM

these two guys im sure can help, just dont forget to bring your checkbook.....

Byrdman 06-28-2005 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
call JC, if he can't help you out, he will point you to somebody who can....

Yes he does help much more than others and will not steer you in the wrong direction!!

KenP 06-28-2005 10:23 PM

Stecz, you had water in the oil? They pull the motor and nothin is wrong? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm