Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Is This Boat's Value? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106754-what-boats-value.html)

Semper Fi 06-30-2005 04:09 PM

What Is This Boat's Value?

Seriously looking for some input here. Please go to the link below to see the boat (33' Powerplay) It does have 2 fresh HP500 motors, alot of upgrades and an aluminum Myco trailer. I have over $30K in reciepts over the last year for the boat. I know Trader1 only paid $50K (needed both engine rebuilds & had no trailer) for the boat about 2 years ago, but I paid more and put over $30K into the boat since purchasing it. I also have all reciepts.

I know I am going to lose some money from what I put into the boat....but what do you think is a fair price? I would possibly trade for a Gladiator (+ cash) or a 33' Powerplay pleasure version.

Link: http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5281.html
Thanks OSOers :D

Semper Fi 06-30-2005 04:12 PM

Re: What Is This Boat's Value?

I posted this thread about 1 hr ago and it was deleted for some reason. I already paid to have an add in the OSO classifieds, I just want to know peoples opinions on what they think the boat is worth or what they would pay for it. :D

Von Bongo 06-30-2005 04:48 PM

Just my $.02, you put 30 in and it sold for 50 thats 80 plus trailer. I am sure a lot of people remember what it sold for and have a hard time with the 30K increase even if the work was done because you might not have done the same thing with your 30K as someone else would have.

Also its a limited usage boat because of the 3 man and no cabin, so the market shrinks a bunch.

Plus its now 2 years older. For that boat I would think if you wanted it sold in a month you would have to be in the mid 60's. Thats my $.02. Good luck selling it. I know when it was at $50 there was a line and I was #2 in it.

Semper Fi 06-30-2005 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Just my $.02, you put 30 in and it sold for 50 thats 80 plus trailer. I am sure a lot of people remember what it sold for and have a hard time with the 30K increase even if the work was done because you might not have done the same thing with your 30K as someone else would have.

Also its a limited usage boat because of the 3 man and no cabin, so the market shrinks a bunch.

Plus its now 2 years older. For that boat I would think if you wanted it sold in a month you would have to be in the mid 60's. Thats my $.02. Good luck selling it. I know when it was at $50 there was a line and I was #2 in it.

I agree, it's a hard sale and my market is very small for people who would want the boat.I wanted to clarify something also-- I paid $65K (survey valued boat at $85K) for the boat and added the $30K in upgrades. I didn't get the "smokin" deal Trader1 got, but I feel I got a good value.

Just because Trader1 got it for $50K, that really is irrelevant...the boat needed 2 motors rebuilt, had no trailer and neded some cosmetic work done. I honestly believe it's worth $80K :D I just need to find the right buyer

Semper Fi 06-30-2005 11:45 PM

I guess it's worth whatever somebody will pay for it... :eek:

Andy0331 07-01-2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Just because Trader1 got it for $50K, that really is irrelevant...

Absolutely! If I got a smoking deal from Skip Braver (yeah right), and he sold me a brand new Tiger for 150k, does that make it a $150k boat? Hell no! It's worth what it's worth. Ask someone with Florida waterfront to sell it for what they paid 2 yrs ago; purchase price is irrelevant....

YMMV

dkwestern 07-01-2005 12:54 PM

Someone will pony up, just a hard sell with no cabin and 3 man. But it is a badazz pokerrunner, that someone will have to have!! BE patient (if you can)

Downtown42 07-01-2005 01:42 PM

Have you tried other areas to promote sale other than OSO?

The boat looks mint, it is limited some with race set-up but still someone should be on it.

Semper Fi 07-01-2005 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Andy0331
Absolutely! If I got a smoking deal from Skip Braver (yeah right), and he sold me a brand new Tiger for 150k, does that make it a $150k boat? Hell no! It's worth what it's worth. Ask someone with Florida waterfront to sell it for what they paid 2 yrs ago; purchase price is irrelevant....

YMMV

Andy0331-Thanks! I'm glad someone else see this. You make a good point :D

dkwestern- I agree it will take time to fing the right person.....the boat is really equipped nicely, 2x HP500 with fresh rebuilds, Aluminum Myco and alot of upgrades to say the least.

Downtown42- I will need to expand my advertising for this boat.

It will probably take a long time to sell it at the right price---I am not going to give this boat away.....I am doing alot more lake boating these days, so the boat is lso getting a swimstep to make the lake more enjoyable. :D

Back4More 07-01-2005 02:37 PM

Thats a nice boat!