Notices

Tallahassee Area

Old 07-25-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tallahassee Area

Hey Cuda, you should have grown up around here. Had a older friend that started as a lineman for FSU the same time my sister went there, While I was graduating highschool. They got me in all the best party's. But I ended up marrying a diehard Gator fan that presently is over all the loan officers at the FSU credit Union ironic
Old 07-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Registered

Kevin, we were over there Monday as well, hosing out the place and adding to mounds of flood junk on the street. Sorry to hear about the cottage at Bald Point. I took the Magnum off of the boat lift, put it on the trailer, and then parked it in the car port, and SH@#$!, it damn near started to float off of the trailer during the flood! The plug was out so it wouldn't have gone far, but every thihs is OK. I just never figured on anywhere near that much water. Everyone thought maybe 6" in the street at most, and none in the houses. We had 26" of seawater and gunk in out place.

Luckly, we didn't have much in the house that we couldn't live without. It's totally dry now, and probably cleaner than it ever been. I just brought in another used frig, TV, and some other stuff and we're ready to keep on enjoying the summer. Some folks down there didn't do so well, like the folks across the street from Steve. They lost almost everything. Car, truck, camper, decent stuff in the house. You name it . . . gone.

Cuda, once I go married (to an FSU girl), I'm not allowed to go down there anymore . . . but sometimes you just got to go through campus, you' know, to get around traffic and stuff!

Last edited by ForrestC; 07-26-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:07 PM

I saw the Magnum in the car port, next time I am at Steve's and you are down I will stop by. Maybe I will have the TG up and running next week, we can meet up at the shoals
Old 07-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Registered

Hey guys ,
Anyone gonna be out on the water this weeikend?
Would love to splash the boat and hook up.
The shoals? Where is that ?
Damn it is hell being the new guy in an area :-)
P.S. KevR Left a msg last weekend ...

Last edited by 502SCS; 07-26-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Registered

Kevin, do have any numbers for 502SCS? I usually just point straight out from Ochlocknee Bay and look for the shallow water about six or so miles out. I can get some numbers later for you from my C-MAP PC planner. Essentially, Ochlocknee Sholes is located about eight miles South West of the last marker when leaving the St. Marks channel. Always know where you are out there. You can run aground two miles offshore in the Big Bend area.

I would really like to get the Magnum out there this weekend, and there is a possiblity that I will - especially if the weather is good, and the ramp at Mashes Sands is clear enough at high tide, but I still have some clean-up work to do at the house. Saturday may work out for a boat ride, but Sunday I know is work for us.

Last edited by ForrestC; 07-27-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Registered

Let me know if you do. We will load up and come down.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

Re: Tallahassee Area

Hell I am so ready to have fun I will find it with a yard stick and a compass :-) .. I just canceled the sale of the boat ... cant part with it .. Dont need the cash soooo...
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sign4boat
i haven't been down in 4 months dog islands a fun place to hang out too.
Heck ... Come on down !
Old 07-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Registered

When I get home tonight I will grab my charts and see if I can plot coordinates on it and plug into the GPS.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sign4boat
Try this n- 29* 54.155 by w-84* 12.722 it was hot under my boat cover so i either sent you to the shoals or my house in ky.
Cool what's for dinner :-)

Quick Reply: Tallahassee Area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.