Notices

PWC Riders are crazy

Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PWC Riders are crazy

Originally Posted by Bill 3
I think that when someone rides a jet ski for the first few times (more for some) you CAN get into a state of thinking no one is around you (maybe no one was when you started your playing). I have done it and have to keep reminding myself that I am not the only one on the lake. I am not a fan of jet skis, but an occasional ride is fun and refreshing. I think that a lot of people forget the rules of the water and don't pay attention to their surroundings, especially the kids. The best way I have found to avoid hitting the jet skis is to just aim for them, they are always gone by the time I get there .

What I think is worse are the a$$holes who zig zag pulling their kids tubing in the middle of the busiest part of the lake. Now how stupid is that? If one of the kids fell off, it would be like chumming for sharks.

I am sure there are plenty of people who don't like "those big, noisy, go-fast boats", but I would like to think that most of us work hard for what we have and try and treat others with some consideration. It's not a lot of fun trying to stay out of the way on "amateur weekend" and have fun at the same time.

That's my rant for now.

Thanks for the very intelligent post. I frequent Table Rock and am disgusted by the amateurs riding PWC's, especially rentals. What part of table rock do you put in at? I go between poverty point in branson and the kimberling city bridge usually.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Well I say he has the right to when they are blasting through the no wake zone at full tilt when everyone else is going through at no wake.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

There are a lot of PWC riders who give PWC's a bad name. People who buy them just to use as runabouts and have no other marine transportation seem to be the ones who cause most of the trouble, along with rookies and rentals. I wish more states had boating licenses for everyone, right now MO only has it for people who are under 21 or were born after Jan 1, 1984
Old 08-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Most I see are rentals and they just don't know but that where it gets dangeous and that is why the pwcs get a bad wrap
Old 08-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Well I say he has the right to when they are blasting through the no wake zone at full tilt when everyone else is going through at no wake.
are you talking about the no wake bridge? LOL its hilarious to see people get rentals by the bridge then be the only ones not idling. The WP just picks them off lol!@
Old 08-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Most I see are rentals and they just don't know but that where it gets dangeous and that is why the pwcs get a bad wrap

what MM is your boat on??? My home lake is LOTO, has been since I was a kid. We're at the 9mm in the cove where lakeshores is, and big thunder is at the mouth of the cove
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A large majority of the PWC riders on our lake are adults. Just about tag 2-3 a yr it seems, 1 time was even a DNR. Cut right in front of me w/o so much as looking before he made a 90* turn into the middle of the lake.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Registered

19mm across from Dog Days
Old 08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered

sorry, didn't mean to come off as abrasive
Old 08-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmullet
Thanks for the very intelligent post. I frequent Table Rock and am disgusted by the amateurs riding PWC's, especially rentals. What part of table rock do you put in at? I go between poverty point in branson and the kimberling city bridge usually.

I live and keep my boat on the upstream side (away from the dam) of the Kimberling City bridge. I don't usually make it past Cow Creek on that end of the lake. I guess I am not familar with "poverty point" in Branson.

Quick Reply: PWC Riders are crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.