Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is this boat worth (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106935-what-boat-worth.html)

dean51267 02-12-2006 09:28 AM

Re: What is this boat worth

good advice no doubt. I do want a cat, but I am in this deal with Profile, so I can not do anything right now.

Fortunately many, many of my clients are in this kind of work, the engines are being done at cost, the machine work is free, the dart head were actually below cost, and a lot of other things like that. Some guys REALLY came to bat for me after Profile screwed it up, now it is back in great shape and all, but I have more in it that it is worth.

I have seriouslt started considering buying a couple of high end peices in the winter, and selling in the summer. I think there is some money to be made there, but there is so much other stuff going on.

For now it is play, expensive play, but not horribly expensive stuff. I am spending more than I should, were this deal with Profile not going on I would likely do something different, but, but, but, but....

Always excuses....

In reality, this boat is just to personal to me, when I get on it I am on a new planet, the suit and tie CPA simply does not exist, I strap on the flame shirt and bandana and become a hells angel on the lake......

While meeting with Harley Davidson's board of directors last year one made the comment "Harley Davidson does not sell motorcycles, it sells the 55 yo CPA or Dentist the ability to ride through town scaring the hell out of everyone".

That is what this boat does for me.......

dean51267 02-12-2006 09:31 AM

P.S - after the orginal post I had it surveyed, $50K, it has had about $50K in upgrades since then, I did not pay ANYWHERE near that, but at retail that is what it would have cost. The only things I had to pay retail for was the intakes and carbs.

dean51267 02-12-2006 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by enticer
This should help...right the ABOS book

Vehicle Lookup
Make Profile Boats
ModelYear 1993
Model Profile 31
Draft 22"
Boat Type Sports Runabout
Net Weight inc. engine 6200
Horsepower 300
Hull Material Fiberglass
Hull Length 30 ft 0 in
Beam width 8 ft 0 in
Engine IO
Original MSRP 64,400.00
Low Trade-in 17,710.00
High Trade-in 22,540.00
Retail Price 27,600.00

Is that twins, or single. Bump HP up to 900 and excellent condition, THANKS!!!!

dean51267 02-12-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
If You love the boat do it keep it enjoy it !I have 3 times what my boats worth into it but I have no plans on selling it :rolleyes: reality is your going to take a hit even if you get a boat for 50 cents on a dollar good luck!

my wife complains I spend to much on it, then I tell her

"well, I could sell it and start chasing women in the bars"

generally that end the conversation and she happily lets me do what I want to.... :D

SkiDoc 02-12-2006 05:42 PM

Dean, Sounds like your committed to that boat, thats great, look forward to seeing it this summer. Eric

enticer 02-12-2006 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by dean51267
Is that twins, or single. Bump HP up to 900 and excellent condition, THANKS!!!!

Twins...and that's all she wrote in the ABOS book for that model. They don't list options and motor changes