Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is this boat worth (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106935-what-boat-worth.html)

dean51267 07-04-2005 12:39 PM

What is this boat worth

just curious,

1993 profile, twin 454's (2 years old) new interior, paint, everything works and runs great, the boat has basically been redone completely in the past 12 months with exception of the cuddy, which is in better than average, but not perfect, condition. Killer paint job, just back from the shop (4/05), runs low 60's all day, stock power, stainless three blade props...

Estimate of paint job value is $15,000.

Cockpit needs a little work to be 100%, mostly small cracks in jel coat. new canvas top, and cockpit cover.

Tri-axel trailer.

All records and receipts are in my possession.

Boat is not for sale, just looking for a valuation....

(sorry for no pics, they are all to large to load)

pasquesi 02-11-2006 01:26 PM

Re: What is this boat worth

Just curious, but is this the same boat that was repainted again last fall? The one with all the problems?

dean51267 02-11-2006 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by pasquesi
Just curious, but is this the same boat that was repainted again last fall? The one with all the problems?

Yes, HAD all the problems, they have been fixed this year, problems were from October 04 to April 05. 2006 appraisal at $75000 (made since orginal post).

No problems now, all it takes to get rid of them is compident guys and a TRUCK load of money.

It has become one of those projects you spend more on than it is worth, but it is mine, and I want it to be super slick, so we spend the money......

Having new pretty stuff put in it now, engine compartment should be a real looked when done.

customryder 02-11-2006 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by dean51267
Yes, HAD all the problems, they have been fixed this year, problems were from October 04 to April 05. 2006 appraisal at $75000 (made since orginal post).

No problems now, all it takes to get rid of them is compident guys and a TRUCK load of money.

It has become one of those projects you spend more on than it is worth, but it is mine, and I want it to be super slick, so we spend the money......

Having new pretty stuff put in it now, engine compartment should be a real looked when done.

Dean you can have any boat you want... why are you sinking a trash can full of money in something you will never re-coop from? not to bust your balls but your the financial adviser right? :eek:

dean51267 02-11-2006 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by customryder
Dean you can have any boat you want... why are you sinking a trash can full of money in something you will never re-coop from? not to bust your balls but your the financial adviser right? :eek:

I know, I know.........

Holding off till I can afford that Donzi of yours....... will upgrade to briggs no less...... :p

dean51267 02-11-2006 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by customryder

just thought of something............

I want YOURS.... will be by to get it in a couple of hours, okay? :eek:

375stinger 02-11-2006 03:48 PM

did you ever say the size of it? i say strap urself some blowers on and be done with it :D

OldSchool 02-11-2006 07:19 PM

25-40K max ...depending on what kind of shape it's in :(

enticer 02-11-2006 08:29 PM

This should help...right the ABOS book

Vehicle Lookup
Make Profile Boats
ModelYear 1993
Model Profile 31
Draft 22"
Boat Type Sports Runabout
Net Weight inc. engine 6200
Horsepower 300
Hull Material Fiberglass
Hull Length 30 ft 0 in
Beam width 8 ft 0 in
Engine IO
Original MSRP 64,400.00
Low Trade-in 17,710.00
High Trade-in 22,540.00
Retail Price 27,600.00

SkiDoc 02-12-2006 06:46 AM

Dean,
Jeff's right about being careful not to put too much money in your boat. I'm one that's usually real frugal when it comes to my boats. I have always bought used in the winter and shopped for a bargain. I have always made money until my last boat that I made the motors to 650hp. Changing hp will cost much more than you think if your going to do it right. On my 28 daytona, I started out thinking prochargers, then I thought small roots. Anyway when I was done it took a lot of my time and cost about 26K.....Which is a lot of crowns for a Dentist. I got the boat right but when you add the 26K there's no way to get it back. I was very, very, lucky when I went to trade that the buyer was willing to pay nearly 20K over high retail. If you look at NADA values which all banks and insuance companies use like in the previous post you can see the discrepancy of what your boat is worth and what the market is willing to pay(loan approvals).
One of the Lake Cumberland guys has a 42 foot Fountain that has some first class Chief motors in it that he can't sell due to what he's got in it. He's gonna pull those motors and put in some stockers just so he can get rid of it.
With that said, I know that I along with many others on this board are junkies that need their new boat fix. I know that really it's all about being happy with what you have. But I'm an addict. I can't afford to put a whole lot of money into a boat or I will lose, something I'm not willing to do. Be honest with yourself, and ask am I going to be happy with this boat for a while(years.) If your going to be, then go for it. The national stats. say something like owners only keep their boats about a year after they repower. I know how you feel about your boat and the satisfaction that it gives you but be careful.