If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Gold Member Gold Member Shore Thing's Avatar
    My Boats:
    21' Paramount
    Hollywood, MD

Boat Accident Pax river

Does anyone know any of the details of the boat accident last night after the fireworks on the Patuxent River near the Benedict bridge? I heard that someone hit a submerged log and threw a couple people out of the boat and one person is still missing. Apparently there was another accident as well, but i know nothing about that one. They haven't released many details yet and there's no reason to believe it was anything other than just an accident.

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone who was involved. Hopefully everyone is OK, and someone on this board knows what actually happened.

My Boats:
    2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados, Superboat Y2k and 24OS (sold)
    LaPlata, MD, USA

Re: Boat Accident Pax river

Haven't heard anything about that one. Supposedly there was one on the Potomac too.

Charter Member # 545 Gold Member Beak Boater's Avatar
    Port Tobacco MD/Cape Coral Fl

Was watching the local news, they talked about the accident on the Patuxent river, at the 231 bridge. 4 passenges one missing, said they hit something. That was all that was reported. Heard nothing about anything on the Potomac though.
    Yesterday's History, Tomorrows a Mystery, Live for Today.

My Boats:
    2002 Sonic 31
    Crownsville, Maryland

BENEDICT, Md. -- Charles County authorities said searchers have found the body of a man missing after a boating accident on the Patuxent River just south of the Benedict Bridge Monday night.

Five others were injured in the accident that occurred around 10:35 p.m. Monday about a mile south of the Benedict Bridge.

Charles County spokeswoman Nina Voehl said a man and a woman were flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore and three others were taken to Calvert Memorial Hospital.

She said Natural Resources police, state police helicopters and divers from Charles County were involved in the search for the man who was driving the boat. His body was found hours later.

Voehl said the victims told officials the boat hit something in the water.

My Boats:
    2003 Baja 33 Outlaw
    New Jersey

The main reason I'm never out at night. Condolences for the loss and a speedy recovery to the injured.