Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why are some people such pu$$ies!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107106-why-some-people-such-pu%24%24ies.html)

McGary911 07-06-2005 09:18 PM

Re: Why are some people such pu$$ies!!!

Old standby: his phone # on the wall of a bathroom in a gay bar next to the words "married but curious" They call. He will get his # changed :)

Formula Outlaw 07-06-2005 09:35 PM

I lucky in that I don't live in a "deed restricted" neighborhood. My driveway it too steep to park the boat so, living on a corner lot, I move it around to different spots on the yard, so's not to kill the grass too bad. In my little neighborhood of about 35 houses, probably about six maybe seven other people keep their boats, though smaller, that also keep their boats either in their drive or side of the house or whatever. My across the street neighbor who's totally cool, has had his old jet boat on blocks for about fifteen years now. He keeps claiming he's going to get it back together.

After about living here for two months I had a around the corner two houses down neighbor come up one day and said he didn't particularly enjoy looking at my "big" (311 Formula, right :rolleyes:) boat. I said fine, all you've got to do is buy my house and you can do whatever you want. Other than that get the f*^k off my property and don't come back. He started to give me some chit and I just told him straight out, walk away or I'll walk you away, now leave. He stormed off and apparently went around to the other neighbors with a petition to get me to move my boat off the property. Not one other people signed. So now whenever I run the motors I make sure ( especially with my new "no silent thunder" exhaust) that the tips are pointed straight at his house.

About a year later this guy comes up to me and tells me he didn't like me being rude to his father. I told him I wasn't. I told him "he made a statement and I made a statement" end of story and I wasn't going to discuss it with his ***got azzed son. Gave him the same option, walk or be walked. He walked.

Never got a xmas card from either of them. Can't figure out why...:rolleyes:

ChrisK 07-06-2005 09:41 PM

Im glad to see im not the only one with some biotches for neighbors. I had a 4th of july party about 4 years ago, invited a bunch of my neighbors, my boss was there, my bosses boss was there, mother, brother... you get the idea.. anyway.. we are lighting off fireworks after haveing a few beers that night(it was only like 9) and some lady from around the corner and down like 5 houses comes walking down the street and is all pissed, asking who is the one who lives here!? I tell her I do and what can I do for her(she is a little surprised at this point, as i was all of 25 and own the house) she is like "are you DONE yet? my husband had triple bypass yesterday and he is trying to rest... blah blah blah" All I could do was lookat her and say, "No, and im sure he is sleeping nicely in the hospital also" :D

Iggy 07-07-2005 05:33 AM

The only restriction I have is that the boat, trailer, whatever can be on the property, but must not be seen from the street. OK, we have the jet-ski's in the back, but the boat won't make it back there. We parked it in the front yard parallel to the street. That area is county easement.
One day I arrived home to find the county code enforcement officer waiting for me. He says he got a complaint about the boat on county property and it must move. I asked what should I do with it? "Park it in the drive for all I care" he says.
The officer and I talked for a while. Turns out he was a really nice guy just doing his job. I gave him a short tour of the boat and he made several comments about how nice it looked.
Just before he left I ask who was a$$ that complained. He said that he couldn't tell me, but the guy drives a gray Thunderbird. :D

After the officer left several of my neighbors came out asking what was going on. I explained everything and one neighbor offered to let me park it on his property. Nice jesture, but he rents. I doubt his land lord would approve.

Turbojack 07-07-2005 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by century29
We had the same thing happen at this years christmas party because of cars parked on the street. When the D-bag down the street called the cops,

Invite them to next years party!

Clay Washington 07-07-2005 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by McGary911
Old standby: his phone # on the wall of a bathroom in a gay bar next to the words "married but curious" They call. He will get his # changed :)

too funny! :D

Formula Outlaw 07-07-2005 07:47 AM

Halloween has ALWAYS been the official "get back" day...:drink: :D

Scott 07-07-2005 08:53 AM

Hard to believe how unreasonable some people can be. I would rather have a logical conversation on how to solve the problem than have to get the law involved. But we all know this doesn't happen too often with the complainer hiding behind the window shade :mad:

My neighbor across the street works thirds. I found this out when I was running the engines at 1500rpm up to temp (first start in the Spring) and he came storming over screaming at me that DO I KNOW HE WORKS THIRDS!!!! my reply was know but I guess I do now you A$$. This happened at 2:00PM on a Saturday!! The following week I started my truck up and let it warm up for a couple minutes when I came out of the house he was pacing in front of his house and started his screaming again 10:00am on a Wed. So I asked if we (all the neighbors should change our schedule and stop mowing our grass and making normal noise to fit his schedule I just got a blank stare with something mumbled under his breath. This year at 11:30am I made 6 fast cuts in plywood and guess who starts pacing in front of his house screaming again. This time I went off and explained he was out of his mind and needed to seek professional help with a lot of other words mixed in, once again I got the blank stare! I need to send him anger management pamphlets!
His family is very nice and they come over to talk about the landscaping,boat and whatever He is just whacked and makes it miserable for me whenever I make a noise during the day I'm always on edge for another fight.
I have to wonder if he's in some sleep walk trance :D

JasonSmith 07-07-2005 09:03 AM

My neighbor, the day I moved in 2 July's ago, decided to come and introduce himself. What a nice idea, but I knew I was in trouble when he turned down a beer! ***! Anyway he really wanted me to get my yard planted. I told him that if he did not get off my driveway he would have to pick up his teeth before he went home. We don't really get along now :(
My side neighbors back yard faces the side of my house. Their kids, all 8 of them play sports, good for them, bad for me. These little Fuc*ers have broke my wood fence more times than I can count playing football. I got tired of it and decided to tell their 400+lb Dad they should play at the park 4 houses away. He told me that the gras at the park was not the correct kind of grass to play on. So I sprayed Hyvar XL on their back yard. It is a ground sterilizer and keeps on keeping on for 5 years. Guess the park grass looks better for playing on than bare dirt. :evilb:

gotime34 07-08-2005 10:01 AM

Here's the update...we blew a tire on the dually, so the boat was in our front yard until last night 7/7/05. As we were going to move it, the neighbor is walking his gay little dog and stops us as we're pulling away. He flipped out. He was screaming about how it is illegal to have anything park in the street overnight and how our boat was there for 9 days. It was really there for six, and only cus we didn't have the truck to move it. So I said, Oh I didn't know that, so he goes, well there are a lot of things that you don't know. My words exactly were, "well they didn't give us a f*cking rulebook when we moved in 6 years ago!!!" He just kept yelling. He's kind of old and was so scared when he was yelling that he was shaking. He had a pooper scooper in his hand and he was shaking so much that the sh*t was rolling out piece by piece. I couldn't help but laugh, which made him even more pissed. He started screaming again so I just drove away. I thought the guys heart was going to explode. He must have been up every night thinking about it. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.