Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107133-top-gun-39-unlimited-nor-tech-outerlimits.html)

Sydwayz 07-06-2005 07:10 PM

Re: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

www.offshore-performance.com has a new 39TG Unlimited in stock.

LongShot 07-06-2005 09:57 PM

All are great Offshore Powerboat Machines!

Mercury 525's w/ XR's are the way to go! Stock, 87 octane and "Turn Key Boating" for everyday boating excursions, poker running, island hopping and lunch cruising.

The Nor-Tech 39 looks smooth, call Terry Sobo @ Nor-Tech and take one for a spin. Also, I have been on a Nor-Tech 43 on the Jacksonville & the OPBA 4th of July Sarasota Poker Runs and I have been impressed with the Nor-Tech Customer Service & Support.

The 39 OL is a nice rig with 525's running mid 90's and the boat runs well with 6 people on it in the Gulf of Mexico.

The 39 Cig, have not seen one on the water. I have also heard something about a new 2006 38 Top Gun.

Have you taken a look at the 2006 42 Fountain Lightning with the new hull, deck & dash?

animalhouse 07-07-2005 01:07 AM

Obviously I am biased to OL. However, if the money is an issue, I can tell you that the 39 Ol will bring back most of your money on the retiail side, no bull. I know personally that the 39 Ol will actually run the numbers posted, I have seen a 39 TG w/ 600's struggle to see 90 w/ a light load of fuel.

The 39 Ol will give the most agressive ride, and possibly be the most fun, again based only upon experience between ol and cig.

If a cabin isn't an issue call Randy at lake cumberland and check out the 39 gtx w/ ilmors. 109 and a 1/2 cabin and head.

GLH 07-07-2005 06:52 AM

"Is that one them thar Cigarette boats?"

CIG3 07-07-2005 07:24 AM

Have you looked into a Dragon. Less expensive than the Cig, and Outerlimits. 525's puts you in the mid 90's all day long. Construction is second to none being all epoxy and carbon fiber. www.dragonpowerboats.com

The Wizard 07-07-2005 08:53 AM

These are all great boats-- Bottom line, If you think your having a problem with these dealers now, wait till after they have your money---You can't go wrong with any of these boats, Service is KEY and no one can touch Nor-techs service............

:drink: zzie

OU Want Some?!! 07-07-2005 10:22 AM

You should ask TwinStepGun for a clear, concise, unbiased opinion...

Schweeng 07-07-2005 10:47 AM

Buying a new Dragon will get you boaing mid 2007....no joke. And it's not because they are busy!!

animalhouse 07-07-2005 11:49 AM

As far as service goes, Outerlimits speaks for itself. They have the best customer service, and support. Take a look around at a poker run, that speaks for itself.

OldSchool 07-07-2005 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by un ortho docs
You should ask TwinStepGun for a clear, concise, unbiased opinion...

Now that's funny right there!!! :D :evilb: :drink: :evilb: