Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits? >

Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Notices

Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Old 07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Nortech is getting over 300 hours out of their 850's, and 150-200 hours out of the 1150's my 850's dynoed at 880 and the 1150's at 1188. they are very strong engines, 850's run 5-6 lbs boost on 1471, and idle great, they are rock solid. Ron Potter knows his engines, Jazzmans boat is very cool. the paint work is awesome in the sunlight, although I think he sold it, if not I have 2 guys looking for a 43 right now, no used ones out there. If you want a 39v let me know we can put you in one and save you a bunch og money to boot. thanks jim midwest performance marine
Old 07-08-2005, 04:29 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Nortech building their own engines?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by welladjusted
My question about the big cabi is.... WHO USES A CABIN WHILE UNDERWAY? It makes no sense unless you are going to spend a lot of time in the cabin. Just a thought.
You also got to take into account the taller cabin helps with some of us maturer (older) guys getting in and out, and that extra 8-10" really helps, so she say's so Bending down vs standing up, getting into the head, pulling out anchors, life jackets, fenders, and also with a wider beam your not so cramped. All 3 boats are fine, but I prefer the Nortech first, and will sacrifice the 2 mph slower with the same power as the OL and have a larger and deeper freeboard cockpit, by far the largest cabin, and the least expensive of the three. Ride all 3 before you make your desicion, check all 3 state of the art facilities, meet the owners, all three respected as being one of the best in the industry. Let us know what you decide. Good luck Jeff
Old 07-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
You also got to take into account the taller cabin helps with some of us maturer (older) guys getting in and out, and that extra 8-10" really helps, so she say's so Bending down vs standing up, getting into the head, pulling out anchors, life jackets, fenders, and also with a wider beam your not so cramped. All 3 boats are fine, but I prefer the Nortech first, and will sacrifice the 2 mph slower with the same power as the OL and have a larger and deeper freeboard cockpit, by far the largest cabin, and the least expensive of the three. Ride all 3 before you make your desicion, check all 3 state of the art facilities, meet the owners, all three respected as being one of the best in the industry. Let us know what you decide. Good luck Jeff
No Comment!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned

Jazz, your right a triple 600sci boat is a bad reseller in a 39' boat the 39 tg with trips will only run 96mph. also the cabin in the nortech is much more user friendly and spacious, the cockpit is huge and boat feels safer due to freeboard height. the styling is what sets it apart from the ol and tg. looks like a nortech cat design in a v bottom. It also has a molded swim platform vs. a bolt on which is a pain and gets banged up easily. They are all good boats and very equal in all areas except money. Niortech by far best bang for the buck, and awesome support and customer service. just good down to earth people to work with, and they stand behind their product. the rough water ride of the nortech will also be superior due to the new hull design. take them all for a spin and decide for yourself. save your money and put your kid thru college.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by _vonb
The Hideaway version w/ triple 600's

I gotta make a trip to FL soon...
You’re most likely better off with the twin's, both from an efficiency and maintenance standpoint.

Last.... don't forget it's gonna be alittle harder on resale with tripples
Old 07-08-2005, 08:54 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by _vonb
Many folks have recommended Lip-Ship to me and they seem to have a great reputation. Therefore, let me ask y'all if given a choice between:

1. The Lip-Ship version w/ Zul's
2. The Hideaway version w/ triple 600's
or
3. A TG 39 with 850 sci's by a dealer of your choice

What would you take and why?

I gotta make a trip to FL soon...
LipShip w/ Zuls cause Phil does a hell of a job on the boats after he gets his hands on them.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Jazz, your right a triple 600sci boat is a bad reseller in a 39' boat the 39 tg with trips will only run 96mph. also the cabin in the nortech is much more user friendly and spacious, the cockpit is huge and boat feels safer due to freeboard height. the styling is what sets it apart from the ol and tg. looks like a nortech cat design in a v bottom. It also has a molded swim platform vs. a bolt on which is a pain and gets banged up easily. They are all good boats and very equal in all areas except money. Niortech by far best bang for the buck, and awesome support and customer service. just good down to earth people to work with, and they stand behind their product. the rough water ride of the nortech will also be superior due to the new hull design. take them all for a spin and decide for yourself. save your money and put your kid thru college.
No offense but do you have a biased opinion? Probably not but it would seem that a dealer may have a biased opinion.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

All this positive talk about the Nor-tech is nice,and I can appreciate what they have done,but looks alone,the Nor-tech is too cheesy looking for me.The Cigarette and Outerlimits look well porportioned and well designed with smooth flowing lines and an overall shape that is hot and pleasing to the eye. The Nor-tech design looks like the same mistake BMW made with their 7 series.The design is choppy,the rear awful,and the cockpit looks like major Bling designed it. I dont mean to put the boat down,and while it may drive and ride as well or better than any of the others,bottom line;Its not a pretty boat.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

That 39' TG w/600's is maybe the BEST LOOKING boat I've seen. That paint positively lit up at the Palm Beach boat show. It was outside on the waterfront and the "metalflake" or whatever they call it, combined with some pearl was awesome.

That being said, 3 600's is gonna be a headache. I say get a boat close to that paint w/twin 850's and go for it. I love the Nor-tech and the OL is the bomb, but a Cig. is a Cig. and will never be called by the wrong name.

Quick Reply: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.