Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where are Chris Reindl and the Bat Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107231-where-chris-reindl-bat-boats.html)

bouyhunter 07-09-2005 06:30 AM

Re: Where are Chris Reindl and the Bat Boats?

If he's gonna sell them off, I might consider buying.
It's not a really good pleasure boat, It's built for speed and race. And if I remember correctly, he was running Volvo/Penta drives in all those (Merc wouldn't back him, but Volvo gave them to him).
They are cool boat's. And Chris is a great guy.

georges 07-09-2005 09:08 AM

I posted awhile back looking to buy a batboat, but never got a response from Chris either.
Still think it would make the coolest pleasure boat down here (with A/C of course) :D

glassdave 07-09-2005 10:28 AM

I just stoped by Chris's a few weeks ago. Been doing work for him for several year now. its been pretty tough to run that program thats for sure especially with the shake ups in the sanctioning bodies (an i know alot of that is necesasary and will pan out). i think this year hopefully will end up being an adjustment year. its tough enough to run a single boat program, imagine trying to run a program with half a dozen boats that are driven VERY hard :D we talked about the direction the class was headed and would like to see it become more of an "owners" class similar to SVL but "speced" a little higher than the original 320HP One Desing. these boats are incredible and i have personally invested my time and materials to construct a full new set of molds ( keep it hush hush people :D ) for the boats. probably wont be done with them till the end on this summer, its been a very big project for me. last thing i wanna do is jump on here with a bunch of smoke an mirrors "Thad Allan" style :D :D an rave about how great things are GONNA be. nope . . rather we are quietly trying to preserve the class in what ever capacity it becomes. i have met a BUNCH of great people (and strippers :drink: ) in the last few years that i have raced and have always enjoyed working with Chris. The Bat Boats wil return to the race corse soon enough i'm sure.

Racegirl3 07-09-2005 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave
i have met a BUNCH of great ... strippers :drink: in the last few years that i have raced

So who won? you or the strippers? or should I say, who finished first? :p :D

glassdave 07-09-2005 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
So who won? you or the strippers? or should I say, who finished first? :p :D

i never finish first . . . i'm sloooooowwww . . .and a gentelman . . after all, ladies first :D :D :evilb:

bouyhunter 07-09-2005 11:25 AM

Dave, glad to hear that the batboats haven't died. Can't wait to see what Chris and yourself have up your sleeve. I know you've done alot of work with him. Good luck to you both, and if you need any help, I'll jump in just for the fun.
Sign4boat - funny, you did the graphic work, and today I'm wearing a T-shirt with the Ciacada driving a boat from last year.