Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Hate" may be too strong a word... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107236-hate-may-too-strong-word.html)

dockrocker 07-07-2005 09:39 PM

"Hate" may be too strong a word...

...but I think it is safe to say that the boating gods definitely dislike me!

The brakes on my trailer were in bad shape - hey, it's 15 years old, so that is to be expected. Had a local shop fix it up, picked it up at 4:00 this afternoon.

Headed down to the marina to grab the boat. Boat is filthy (of course) and I now have almost no time to clean it, because I didn't have a trailer all week. OK, I can deal with that, a quick wash tonight and we should be good.

Get the trailer on the ramp, lift driver drops the boat in, I do a quick check of the motors - @#$!#%)$%$@#$ milkshake in the pan on the port motor, again!!!!

Put the boat on the trailer, just steaming. Called a local shop with a good rep, it's now after 5:00. The guy agrees to take a look first thing in the morning to see if it is the riser gaskets (like I hope and suspect) or if I've got a cracked block or head.

If it's gaskets, we'll be on the water for Smoke, if not then maybe the boating gods do hate me!

Oh, well, Break Out Another Thousand!

On top of that, the Admiral is pretty sick; the sawbones has her on some pretty strong antibiotics, but we might not be able to make it in any case. Hopefully the drugs will kick in fully tonight/tomorrow, she's really bummed out.

Time for a beer or three, I think!

t500hps 07-07-2005 09:41 PM

Re: "Hate" may be too strong a word...

That sux! Good Luck w/ the motor. I'll do a "no more milkshake" dance for you :D :D

Ms PatriYacht 07-07-2005 09:45 PM

Man that sux, who is going to host the party :(

FOUNTAINATLAST 07-07-2005 09:51 PM

I found afew beers will get ya through the night, then hopefully the shop can get you through tommorow. GOOD LUCK hope it all works out. :(

dockrocker 07-07-2005 09:55 PM

As long as the Mrs is up for it, we'll be at Smoke - the only question is whether the boat will be with us or not....

If I'm drinking heavily, all is well. If I'm pickling my liver and donating it to science, expect to see a thread on how to get more power out of a rebuilt 1996 454.... :D

Ms PatriYacht 07-07-2005 09:56 PM

Dock, if you are boatless, and stay for the beach party on Sunday, you can come with us on the BT, I hope everyone is feeling better in the am

dockrocker 07-07-2005 09:58 PM

BTW, total running time on the boat this year <1 hour. :rolleyes:

Outdrive1 07-07-2005 10:09 PM

It's something every time you go out. I'm always hoping it's something small and easy to fix. Owning a performance boat can the most frustrating thing I've ever done or had to deal with but when it's running good and I'm cruising with the wind in my hair and big sh!t eating grin on my face it makes it all worth it. Think positive, good luck on your motor. :D

FOUNTAINATLAST 07-07-2005 10:22 PM

Better enjoy that wind in your hair before it all gone :evilb: :evilb:

cuda 07-07-2005 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by dockrocker
BTW, total running time on the boat this year <1 hour. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the wonderful world of hipo boating.