Why is this so expensive??

Notices

Why is this so expensive??

Old 07-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is this so expensive??

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Why is performance boating this freaking expensive?
I keep looking for a boat - used to have a Baja 25 Force got it used for $12,000 with a 454 and TRS - Trailer included. Loved that boat.
I know there are some very affluent people on this board, but as I search through the classified's I'm finding boats in the $300-$600 thousand range. In my current career, that is more money than I will make in the next 10 years, not including taxes and living expenses.
And then, props are anywhere from $400 to ??? Yearly expenses of storage, dockage, fuel, and normal use.
I'm trying to find boats in the $50's that I MIGHT be able to afford in 2 years - now I'm getting into spending money on a survey, probably a cross country trip to see it, and every other expense involved in the process.

Sorry All, I'm just getting frustrated. I woke up and it's a beautiful day, and I should be on the water - that has always been my therapy, and I've gone without for 3 years.

Well boo- f*cking hoo....

Step 1) MOVE! You live in the armpit of America... Northern Kentucky...nothing good ever came out of there, Cincy for that matter either.
Step 2) Stop crying like the whimpy-assed Southerner you are and stop acting more like a Yankee.
Step 3) Quit your job picking turnips and go get a real job.
Step 4) I know how Kentuckians are so.... take a shower daily, brush your teeth twice a day and stop at Rite Aid and buy some deoderant. Employers kinda like that.

This should start you on your way. You can thank me later.

Your Buddy,

Masher
Old 07-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Sometimes be happy with what you have. I have made the same mistake. Bigger and faster isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Just be thankful you wake up every morning and have an opportunity to be on the water and enjoy friends and family in keeping good memories. Don't get frustrated and let anyone get you down, just keep plugin along and strive for your goals. Good Luck.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bouyhunter,
I have a friend 91' Cigarette Bullet here for $35K on a trailer. 502's and Brakos' ooops I mean Bravos'. Not the fastest but she's in nice shape. It lives on the Delta and only sees fresh water.

Let me know, I'll pass his number along. He hasn't advertised it. He's in no hurry to sell.

Fionn
[email protected]
Old 07-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Re: Why is this so expensive??

Originally Posted by masher44
Well boo- f*cking hoo....

Step 1) MOVE! You live in the armpit of America... Northern Kentucky...nothing good ever came out of there, Cincy for that matter either.
Step 2) Stop crying like the whimpy-assed Southerner you are and stop acting more like a Yankee.
Step 3) Quit your job picking turnips and go get a real job.
Step 4) I know how Kentuckians are so.... take a shower daily, brush your teeth twice a day and stop at Rite Aid and buy some deoderant. Employers kinda like that.

This should start you on your way. You can thank me later.

Your Buddy,

Masher
Masher, - Thanks buddy, I needed that. Really, I did.
1- I'm not from Kentucky, nor did I ever plan to live here, but, in all honesty, it's a not a bad place. At least we live on the ""good side".
2-I'm not a Yankee or a southerner, I'm a pollock.
3-I'm allergic to turnups. Well, not really, but those are just nasty.
4- I do take a shower daily, but they pull the water out of the Ohio River - don't need deodorant, the water will kill all the scrungies...

Now get the motors in your freakin boat and invite me for a ride you #rick
Old 07-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
bouyhunter,
I have a friend 91' Cigarette Bullet here for $35K on a trailer. 502's and Brakos' ooops I mean Bravos'. Not the fastest but she's in nice shape. It lives on the Delta and only sees fresh water.

Let me know, I'll pass his number along. He hasn't advertised it. He's in no hurry to sell.

Fionn
[email protected]
That's about exactly what I'm looking for. But again, I'm getting into the survey, and cross country trip. This may be worth it though.
I need to go count some pennies...
Let me do some checking on the finances this week and see just what I can swing - I might be giving you a call.
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Masher, - Thanks buddy, I needed that. Really, I did.
1- I'm not from Kentucky, nor did I ever plan to live here, but, in all honesty, it's a not a bad place. At least we live on the ""good side".
2-I'm not a Yankee or a southerner, I'm a pollock.
3-I'm allergic to turnups. Well, not really, but those are just nasty.
4- I do take a shower daily, but they pull the water out of the Ohio River - don't need deodorant, the water will kill all the scrungies...

Now get the motors in your freakin boat and invite me for a ride you #rick

I gotta get a boat first... getting closer on one as we speak. I lived in East TN for 5 years... LOVED IT... spend alot of time on Cumberland and bought my first beak boat in Louisville.

I would search on boattraderonline.com and type in your search numbers... I have been on there daily and see a bunch of really great deals on some nice rides... If you wait until after Labor Day, you might be able to grab a really nice ride for cheap... alot of guys dont want to carry a boat thru the winter if they can bail it then.

What brands are you looking at? Where will you run it? and How will you use it? overnights?

I am hoping to get situated in a new boat in a couple weeks, In a perfect world I will make the Cumberland run in Sept, the LOTO SHootout and Key West.

Dont feel bad, I am 100% Italian, a true Yankee and living in Texas...
Old 07-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Registered

I'm dreaming of a Cig mistress.
But, that would also mean an upgrade in a tow vehicle to haul the heavy pig around, and everything else that goes with that.
The Bullet that Lofty is talking about might be right up my alley.

I'd love to get my hands on Craig's Bullet - it's gotta be one of the nicest out there, but it's too much $$ for me - not that it isn't worth it, I just don't have that kind of scratch. Not to mention, I'd have to paint it - his paint job is too much for me- I can appreciate that many like that, but I'm more "simple" than that (go ahead masher, have fun with that line).

I figure I'll be trailering to Erie and Cumberland.
I'm not looking for a speed monster, just fast enough 65-70 range, handle the rough stuff (Erie) and be able to weekend.

I'm still working on my Key West trip for this year - We'll meet up for a few beer's

You Wopp
Old 07-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered

Sweet.... Erie can be rough. I spent alot of time on Ontario and that can make the ocean seem flat. I think you should look for a Bullet...maybe one that needs some TLC... cosmetics. Craigs is perfect but there are a bunch out there that would fit you. Craigs is mint because he drove it like a wuss.
I like my paint simple too... I can design you a paint job like I did for Sean if you want
I hope to do KW with a boat.. if not I can mooch a ride. I am not huge into the actual Poker Run but would love just to cruise around.
Good Luck
Old 07-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
There's a lot of nice boats in the 40-50k range that a guy could be proud to own.

Here's an example of a really clean older Cigarette being offered here on OSO.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5065.html
Fred, I saw that one - just can't do it yet. My anxiety is getting the best of me.
Great looking boat.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
Sweet.... Erie can be rough.
Yeah, I' grew up there.
That's an understatement...

Quick Reply: Why is this so expensive??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.