Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another Accident (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107353-another-accident.html)

Coolerman 07-12-2005 07:22 PM

Re: Another Accident

Originally Posted by formula242-502
Bad weekend on the chain, here are some shots of stepped bottom Powerquest that flipped last night

If you look at the pic of the boat, the drive is trimmed much much too far in. Can it even be trimmed in any more? It's so sad to see this happen.

Lanyard Safety 07-14-2005 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by yss
Offthefront. That is a great product. I didn't know there was such a product. Thanks for the info.

It is an awesome product..... I bet more people would wear their lanyards if they realized how convenient they have become. Accidents happen (even at speeds below 35mph), no one intentionally goes overboard -hence the word accident. It takes about 15 minutes to install a wireless lanyard. I don't believe 15 minutes is too inconvenient for anyone when it comes to boating safety. :rolleyes:

Lanyard Safety 07-14-2005 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
I guess everyone is assuming all boats come with lanyards. I know mine didn't, don't ask me why, everyone else I know with the same boat has them but maybe the day they rigged mine the guy forgot to put one in. Anyhow I've been meaning to add one for long time now, I guess I should figure out where to order one and put on in. Do all boats come with lanyards as standard equipment?

I work for a "wireless" lanyard company. Lanyards are inexpensive and easy to install. Although all manufacturers do not make them standard, NASBLA is establishing a model act that requires the install and wear of lanyards in all fifty states. You should definitely check it out:
www.nasbla.org
Hopefully this will become law so that we can all be safer on the water.

at100plus 07-14-2005 04:17 PM

I'm very sad to hear of all these accidents.

One thing that I started doing recently when I realized I did a couple big speed runs and noticed after that my lanyard was on the floor.

I drape the lanyard over the bottom of my steering wheel. Can't steer the boat with it there, reminds you to put it on.

carney 07-14-2005 04:26 PM

I keep thinking that if you do not put one on and get ejected out of the boat where will the boat end up? I know with mine it will go until it hits something or runs out of gas. the throttles do not move back by them selves.

vandy021 07-14-2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I always love to read when someone has an accident and doesn't die how stupid they are. It's always enlightening to read how 100% perfect some people are in wearing a lifejacket everytime they step on the dock and a kill switch whenever the engine starts. :rolleyes:

I have been boating a LONG time. Alot longer than some of these perfect people and accidents can happen to anyone. Not everyone makes the right decisions everytime and it is very fortunate that no one was hurt. I am sure the operator has learned a valuble lesson and will be twice as carefull the next time.

Maybe the guy was an idiot and shouldn't be on the water. But, maybe he just made a mistake?

Well said. Anyone of us can make a mistake, esp. at the speeds some of us run