Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another Accident (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107353-another-accident.html)

yss 07-10-2005 12:11 PM

Re: Another Accident

This accident happened near the opening of a channel and on the weekends these lakes are among the busiest waterways in the world. It was EXTREMELY poor judgment to be driving at these speeds taking sharp turns in heavy weekend traffic. I wans't slamming the guy for not wearing his lanyard. I was only stating the obvious. It is also obvious that he should have been wearing his lanyard. This isn't the first time I have seen an accident like this out here and i'll admit, i'm guilty of not wearing the lanyard at all times. I do however wear it whenever I feel I should (ie. high speeds heavy traffic). After seeing ANOTHER accident like this I think I will be clipping the lanyard on after turning the keys.

Formula Outlaw 07-10-2005 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I always wear my lanyard when on a plane. Russ, remember, a freind of mine got killed two years ago running 30 mph because he didn't have his lanyard on.

Point respectfully taken. Will wear mine from now on WHENEVER I will be, or plan on being, on plane. Promise.

Joe, very sorry about your friend. I did not know that. Russ

jeaston 07-10-2005 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by yss
This accident happened near the opening of a channel and on the weekends these lakes are among the busiest waterways in the world. It was EXTREMELY poor judgment to be driving at these speeds taking sharp turns in heavy weekend traffic. I wans't slamming the guy for not wearing his lanyard. I was only stating the obvious. It is also obvious that he should have been wearing his lanyard. This isn't the first time I have seen an accident like this out here and i'll admit, i'm guilty of not wearing the lanyard at all times. I do however wear it whenever I feel I should (ie. high speeds heavy traffic). After seeing ANOTHER accident like this I think I will be clipping the lanyard on after turning the keys.

Very well said, do hope everyone can learn from others mistakes. If you have higher res pics of the side of the boat I would sure like to see them. Take care and be safe.

yss 07-10-2005 12:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jeaston
Very well said, do hope everyone can learn from others mistakes. If you have higher res pics of the side of the boat I would sure like to see them. Take care and be safe.

I thought I posted the biggest I could here ya go. They still look small. I can email them to you if you like.

yss 07-10-2005 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

yss 07-10-2005 12:33 PM

Offthefront. That is a great product. I didn't know there was such a product. Thanks for the info.

jeaston 07-10-2005 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by yss
I thought I posted the biggest I could here ya go. They still look small. I can email them to you if you like.

You did, if you would not mind e-mailing me the top right one on this post I would appriciate it. If not thats ok, just curious about the way the deck is. Thanks
[email protected]

NJgr8ful 07-10-2005 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by yss

yss, You posted them at a nice 1024x680 quality ... you just have to 'click' each one to blow them up.

Very unfortunate for them ... and everyone :(

jeaston 07-10-2005 01:15 PM

Thanks for the e-mail. If I ever happen to get photos of your boat I owe ya.

Racegirl3 07-10-2005 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by slowhand
Indeed chix always compliment my looks. :drink:

I bet they never compliment you on your personality.