Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New hyrdahoist = heart attack...HELP! >

New hyrdahoist = heart attack...HELP!

Notices

New hyrdahoist = heart attack...HELP!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New hyrdahoist = heart attack...HELP!

Okay, so I got my new hydrahoist yesterday and installed it great. the old owner had a 29 outlaw on it and I put a 33 outlaw on it, as it was going up it started to roll over....HOLY FUKING CHIT!!! We stopped it and played around with it, lifting up one tank at a time until it was up but I was literally writhering around on the floor having a coronary while this was happening. What is up with this? Can the boat actually roll and sink?? Will it just roll off the lift? Is this normal? Its on a bulkhead and we pounded the 2 rails in about 6 feet and L bracketed the top of them to the bulkhead, it rides up and down on 2 rings. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I'm about to just tow it 2 miled out in the ocean! PLEASE HELP!!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Registered

the tanks should fill at the same rate. if not, you might have a blower motor going out. are your control valve handles in the correct position? check all hose clamps inside and out of the control box.
jim
Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

I think some of the problem is the one pontoon on the inside hits bottom at low tide so the other side takes longer maybe???
Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen float your front tanks all the way first and then as the back ones are filling watch them and run them individually until they are coming up evenly together....In essence you are controlling the back ones individually at the same time when it comes up blow the tanks all of them for a bit this cleans the schmutz out of them so they dont plug up when lowering.....When lowering you can sink the back tanks partially and then dump all the valves again just watch the fronts and keep them even as it sinks.....
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Is it rated for the weight of a 33 Outlaw?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Be careful putting it on the bottom at low tide make sure the area that it rests on is free of rocks and debris that can puncture the tank.... The first time is always the most exciting one....gets your blood pumping doesn't it?????
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Check your PM box
Old 04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

both fronts must come up at the same time....First. then both backs at the same time. this way there is no side to side roll.

Last edited by HiPerf2000; 04-20-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Registered

I was putting the fronts up when it wanted to roll. I think dockside one comes up faster. It really scares the shyt out of me. Is that when it can roll and sink....when just the front is coming up?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

i've never had it try to roll with just the fronts coming up. if you dont bring the backs up evenly...it WILL want to roll.

sounds like you need to close the one vavle slightly so it raises at the same speed as the slow side.

mine dont raise at the same speed either. i have to work the valves every time i raise and launch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.