Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Dick's run at the Shootout. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107392-big-dicks-run-shootout.html)

Fountain38 07-11-2005 10:26 AM

Re: Big Dick's run at the Shootout.

Another Okie planing on coming up for the Big Dicks Run. That was a blast. Hope to be able to hang as well as I did last year with the big guns. :rolleyes:

Von Bongo 07-11-2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
last year we had probably 60 boats by the end. I'll call BJ at big dicks and let him know we are coming. Lets all meet Friday in no wake area at ledges at 10-10:30. We will probably have 5-6 nortechs going along with the chief Mr. Sobo. I'll start spreading the word around at the lake we should have alot more boats this year. I'll also posts some flyers at all the establishments Loto shootout fun run 2005.

Jim,

BJ quoted a buffet for 4th run but we didn't have enough people. Was $10 per head. Might be something to think about again to cut down on service time.

Mike

Cattitude 07-11-2005 04:19 PM

This a friday day thing then???

I was looking at getting in friday night but maybe I can go a day early:)

Can anyone recommend campgrounds with ramps etc???

2fast4u 07-11-2005 05:02 PM

The ATL, GA boats will be there!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

WeaponX 07-11-2005 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
last year we had probably 60 boats by the end. I'll call BJ at big dicks and let him know we are coming. Lets all meet Friday in no wake area at ledges at 10-10:30. We will probably have 5-6 nortechs going along with the chief Mr. Sobo. I'll start spreading the word around at the lake we should have alot more boats this year. I'll also posts some flyers at all the establishments Loto shootout fun run 2005.

In like flyn :evilb:

JaayTeee 07-11-2005 05:25 PM

We'll be doing it again this year,
probably a couple...three /four boats.

Buddy OO 07-11-2005 05:34 PM

Good idea Bongo that would make it easier, just have good appetizers and cut a package deal, be quick, cheaper, more money for gas and beer. I'll work it out with BJ and let everyone know. thanks for the imput. If you guys want to meet at backwaters thats fine too. Up to everyone else???

Frequency 07-11-2005 07:36 PM

Our crew of four will be there - don't care where we meet.

Cattitude - We just left Deer Valley Park on Sunrise Beach (www.deervalleypark.com). I put our 32' in using their ramp - no problem. You can rent a covered slip too. Best of all - Franky and Louie's is there. :drink:

buck183 07-11-2005 09:33 PM

Kewl, this is the kind of response I was looking for.

We did have an awesome turn out last year. Probably the biggest I've seen yet.

As for where we leave from. Doesn't really matter to me either. We will be staying at The Ledges. BWJ cove isn't out of the way from there. We've left from both in the past. I guess it really doesn't matter at all to me, I'm just holding down a seat for my captain. :p

wiggler4490....Feel free to take the bull by the horns on this deal if you want. You are closer than myself to the situation. Sounds like you may have contacts too....that never hurts. ;)

I'll go ahead and be the self appointed "Entertainment Director". :D I think I have the perfect person for an assistant too. :p I have a feeling some will know who I'm talking about.

Rumor has it Cassandra may be making an apprearance again this year. If so, you can be guaranteed a good time at PC. :drink: She's not bashful, so don't be afraid to come talk to her if you get a chance.

I'm thinking we may designate Saturday at the cove to do a Memorial Service for "The Wig". I feel it's only right after all she's been through with us. I hope to have a suitable replacement by that time to step up and take her place. :evilb:

Party on Wayne.

Buck

Waterfoul 07-11-2005 09:53 PM

As Cord mentioned earlier, Vickie and I won't be making the LOTO trip this year. Bummer. :( I know you will all miss me. :cool:

Buck, tell Casey to keep that twin sister of his under control!!