Notices

They Come in Threes

Old 07-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They Come in Threes

After reading about the SOTW crash and hearing about the Chain of Lakes I began wondering if there was something in the air last weekend. There was a crash and fatality at our local lake last Thursday. Unfortunately alchohol was involved along with a whole lot of stupidity. Here's the stories from the local news:

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/07...50709020.shtml

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/07...50709021.shtml

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/update7113.html

Last edited by scubasteve; 07-12-2005 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Re: They Come in Threes

Sad story.

"Thompson was issued a citation and then released." WTF! You kill one and critically injure others, then leave the scene and you walk away with a ticket?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Registered

Yeah, he's out for now. I'm not exactly sure why he wasn't jailed, but our Conservation Police do things a little different. The SA's office is waiting for the final reports from the investigation. They're still trying to figure out exactly what happened. This is from todays paper:

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/07...50712038.shtml
Old 07-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Sad story.

"Thompson was issued a citation and then released." WTF! You kill one and critically injure others, then leave the scene and you walk away with a ticket?
My sentiments exactly!!! Plus, he was drinking, according to the report.!!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

"Among issues police are looking into is whether the headlights worked on both boats, Simpson said."

Say what!?!? I think they need to get some coast guard boys in there or someone that knows a little about boats!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:40 AM
yss
Registered

Headlights!????

What???

Another sad story.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Another one, this from Lake St. Clair

Off-Duty Firefighter Killed In Boat Crash
Investigators Say Boat Rode Over Top Of Another

POSTED: 7:10 am EDT July 11, 2005

An off-duty Detroit firefighter was killed in a boat crash on Lake St. Clair Sunday.

Stephen Brian Uhl, 39, was boating in the Snooks Highway channel, which connects the middle channel of Lake St. Clair and Little Muscamoot Bay, on the east side of Lake St. Clair at about 8:30 p.m. when the crash occurred, according to the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department.

Investigators said Uhl was the driver of a 15-foot jet boat which was outbound in the channel, and turned in front of an inbound 16-foot jet boat. The collision caused the 16-foot boat to ride over the top of the 15-foot boat, the sheriff's department reported.

Uhl and a female passenger were transported to St. John River District Hospital, where Uhl was pronounced dead on arrival. The female passenger was not seriously injured, the sheriff's department said.

The occupants of the 16-foot boat were also treated at the hospital for injuries that were not believed to be serious, the sheriff's department said.

Sheriff's deputies continue to investigate. Anyone with information about the crash should contact the sheriff's department at (810) 985-8115
Two jet boats in a narrow, shallow channel with a blind curve. Apparently they both turned the same direction to avoid a collision, one boat ran up and over the other.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Registered

Yeah I'm not sure what the "headlights" issue is they're talking about. (WTF?) I'm thinking maybe they're talking about the anchor lights on the pontoon since they were anchored and fishing. The rumor is that they were on, but they're just rumors... so who knows.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Another one, this from Lake St. Clair
I was at Browns for dinner and saw the Sherriffs boats racing around. Didn't know what happened.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

Scuba, I heard more rumors about this yesterday from a friend of the driver at fault:

Heard that the pontoon had lights in all 4 corners but they would not turn on after the accident (yet the boat was driven back to the marina).

Also heard that the driver passed a field sobriety test, so some are speculating that after passing the field test he refused the breathalyzer...hence the ticket.....

Several lives down the drain........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.