Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107520-grand-haven-thanks-red-dog-dyno.html)

RedDog382 07-12-2005 05:33 PM

Re: Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dukenrock
I booked a trip to LOTO for a week in August for the races.

Will probably be making the trip down there too. Offer to stay in Sean H's driveway unless I find another place where other friends are booked/boating.

f311fr1 07-12-2005 05:36 PM

Dukenrock, sorry for your loss. I had to put down my 17 year old Lab last Wed. It was a very sad day at my house. The vet made a house call and he went very peacefully in the front yard under his favorite tree. My other two dogs are at a loss as to what happened to the alpha dog. Service this Sat. with burial under the tree with a stone Lab puppy for a marker. Joe Murray

MitchStellin 07-12-2005 05:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear of your Dog, it is as hard as loosing a person. Now take some time off and go get another one :D Thats the best therapy :D

dukenrock 07-12-2005 08:55 PM

Chris,
Good looking Dog. I bet he had a great time with you at GH! Nice looking rig too.

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Know the loss too well ... still miss my Abigail. Took my new little buddy Ocean along with me this weekend! Took her swimming off the State Park beach for a few hours Sunday evening after the OSO beach party at Baron Marine's. It was a very relaxing day!

dukenrock 07-12-2005 09:00 PM

Joe,
I'm sorry to hear that. I had mine for 9 years. I would think it would be even harder if I had him 17 years! My other dog Rocky is feeling lost. He's actually not eating well and is doing things he normally wouldn't do. He keeps looking around the house for Duke. I feel bad for him.

Originally Posted by f311fr1
Dukenrock, sorry for your loss. I had to put down my 17 year old Lab last Wed. It was a very sad day at my house. The vet made a house call and he went very peacefully in the front yard under his favorite tree. My other two dogs are at a loss as to what happened to the alpha dog. Service this Sat. with burial under the tree with a stone Lab puppy for a marker. Joe Murray

dukenrock 07-12-2005 09:05 PM

Mitch,
Nice looking dawgs! I'm calling around as we speak. You're right, great therapy. Thanks.
Kevin

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Sorry to hear of your Dog, it is as hard as loosing a person. Now take some time off and go get another one :D Thats the best therapy :D

candyman35 07-12-2005 09:51 PM

Kevin,
Sorry for your loss. :(

I thought we saw your boat heading up the channel on Saturday. With all that went on Saturday I never got a chance to make it over there to see if it was you. I'll get to meet you guys someday.
Dan

dukenrock 07-12-2005 10:18 PM

Thanks Dan. That may have been me later in the day Saturday. I took the boat out for a test run afetr I replaced the impeller to make sure everything checked out OK. I didn''t see your Fountain. Maybe I'll see you in Chicago during the Poker Run.

Originally Posted by candyman35
Kevin,
Sorry for your loss. :(

I thought we saw your boat heading up the channel on Saturday. With all that went on Saturday I never got a chance to make it over there to see if it was you. I'll get to meet you guys someday.
Dan

MarkSmith 07-12-2005 10:27 PM

Dogs are family and so sorry for your loss.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again at the Chicago Poker Run and/or LOTO.
Mark Smith

dukenrock 07-12-2005 10:36 PM

I'm reserved at LOTO, a maybe for Chicago. I'll try my best! Thanks Mark.QUOTE=MarkSmith]Dogs are family and so sorry for your loss.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again at the Chicago Poker Run and/or LOTO.
Mark Smith[/QUOTE]