Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going testing this afternoon with Callan Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107532-going-testing-afternoon-callan-marine.html)

Dean Ferry 07-13-2005 09:57 AM

Re: Going testing this afternoon with Callan Marine

1 Attachment(s)
more

Strip Poker 388 07-13-2005 10:02 AM

Notice the boat doesent sit in the water very deep. Must be lite :drink:

2 foot draft sitting still????

Dean Ferry 07-13-2005 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is John Cosker, and Capt. of the "Duck", (ME!) trying to figure out the starboard EGT problem! :cool: Ultimately, that, and the fact the boat ramp closed @ 8pm, shut testing down for the evening. Overall, testing was a HUGE SUCCESS! This boat has much more potential than the Tencara that's just phucking unreal! :evilb:

The answer to the my Q on the transom shot is, there are no EXTERNAL fittings or hoses on the rudder steering rams! Very clean neat design! :drink:
Dean

Dean Ferry 07-13-2005 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Notice the boat doesent sit in the water very deep. Must be lite :drink:

2 foot draft sitting still????

Rob,
Very observent on your part. You should see it get on plane, it just goes forward with NO BOW rise, none and it's GONE! :D It's really wild to see it plane off! :drink:
Dean

44MTI 07-13-2005 10:32 AM

Are they planning on having it ready for the shootout

FREEDOM US1 07-13-2005 10:58 AM

Nice!!! COOL!! BAD AZZZZ!! Good luck.

KiloKat 07-13-2005 11:13 AM

Dave Callan and John Coster are great guys and good at what they do. The new boat looks great and I'm quite certain that it will be very fast!

bobonthis 07-13-2005 11:16 AM

Hey KiloKat you don't happen to have a print out of all the runs last year from the shootout do you? I have been trying to get them from the website but they are having problems with it and want to see if it is a waste of time to bring a boat in.

KiloKat 07-13-2005 11:25 AM

Sorry but I do not. I'm not even certain where to advise that you look. Maybe someone on OSO has the official results. Either way, you should run your boat. I'm sure that you would be competitive.

bobonthis 07-13-2005 11:32 AM

Yeah it is that whole prop issue it is only a 26ft eliminator and we really need a 38p prop but that is kind of out of the budget, I believe with a 38 we can do possibly 140mph, thanks Love seeing that Bacardi boat of yours going by the Dog although it has been a while?