Notices

Am I Overreacting ?

Old 07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Am I Overreacting ?

I think someone on this board said it.
All the used car salesmen who cant make it , go into the marine business.
Its hard to believe as incompetent as some are, they are still around.

And like Sean said if you think your upset now
Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds Like Ugly Johns In Oklahoma. That Is Why I Switched From A Baja, Was Because The Local Dealership Sucked.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input. My wife said i was being psycho..i disagreed with her. This is a very high-volume dealer in New York. I had heard bad things about them before i bought this boat, but they had what i wanted. It just sucks.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Welcome to the jungle of customer service as it is in the boating industry. Not all are bad...in fact, some are quite good. Unfortunately, compared to the auto industry there are a disproportionate number of dealers whom provide mediocre to poor customer service.
Now don't start sharing your experiences on your new boat. This thread will be 10 pages long
Old 07-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered

Not all marine service centers suck, I do the best I can to get my customers in and out within accouple days except for the ocassional parts problem. To me it does no good for my reputation to piss off customers who will refer other customers!!! We try to go the extra mile for all our customers, even ran out to the lake on a service call accouple weeks ago at midnight!!!! Got to keep the customers happy..
Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Deal with another outfit.

If it is not essential have the work done in the winter.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is baja dealers. When I was looking at a new boat this year I wanted another baja. The local dealer ( ugly johns) has such a bad reputation that I called another dealer in nebraska. That dealer was not friendly at all. I than started looking at eliminators and WOW ! Every dealer I spoke with was so nice. I felt comfortable ordering one with out having a local dealer because I felt that if there was a problem they would get it handled no matter where I was.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I think it is baja dealers. When I was looking at a new boat this year I wanted another baja. The local dealer ( ugly johns) has such a bad reputation that I called another dealer in nebraska. That dealer was not friendly at all. I than started looking at eliminators and WOW ! Every dealer I spoke with was so nice. I felt comfortable ordering one with out having a local dealer because I felt that if there was a problem they would get it handled no matter where I was.
The dealer was great when i bought this boat. Got a very good deal and fair value for my '95 Baja i traded. It's just the attitude
of the service dept. Fortunately, i've got a good Merc guy to go to when the warranty runs out. and i won't buy again from this place.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Best advise I can give you is find a Good independent shop and foster a relationship..it has worked for me over the years.....BZ
Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSS245
Just wondering what other peoples experience at their dealerships is when it comes to warranty work and customer service. My new Baja has been back to the dealer a few times for warranty work. Nothing serious, but it is a pain to haul it out of the slip and drive the 30 minutes to the dealer. And the fact that the weather is great and i'm boatless is a frustrating. The real problem is the attitude of the staff at the dealer. They won't call me when the parts come in or when the repairs are complete. Their answer is always "call tomorrow or later". When i've asked for them to call me, they say o.k., but no call. I have to hound them. Is this normal? I've been incolved in the customer service business for 15 years. I would have been reemed out royally for this b.s. This morning i finally blew up after i called and was told my boat should be ready today, but call to find out. My answer is unprintable...but you get the drift of what i said. Am i overreacting? I always enjoy the boards differing opinions on topics. Thanks.
I think crappy service must be a prerequisite to be a baja dealer. The only time I hear of good service is when your BUYING the boat,after that good luck! Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.