Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept.10th.,need motel rooms. >

Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept.10th.,need motel rooms.

Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept.10th.,need motel rooms.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept.10th.,need motel rooms.

Originally Posted by kpoppa
Does anyone have a list of all the stops on the poker run? I'm not sure how far State Dock is from Burnside
VERY !!

I love Grider Hill...Just dont try to get back there from State after dark unless you know the lake very well !!...There are NO lights on the way...That is one dark azz lake !!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I take it there is an inside joke on that Burnside thing. The run back to Grider is an easy one at night. You just stay between the rocks and try not to run over a fishermen. I have made the run after the poker run for several years. I just hope for a good moon.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kpoppa Bill is the racer I was telling you about out of Delaware, Ohio, he is a big sponser of the Cumberland Poker run, he is the guy with the big lazer sign and all the loud music on one of his house boats, he is the guy I said might know more about you dad and he is someone you should probably talk to if you are going to the poker run, he will be sure to hook you up with anything. Call him 740-595-3999, tell him Matt from loto told you to call him. He is a real nice guy
Old 07-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak28
I take it there is an inside joke on that Burnside thing. The run back to Grider is an easy one at night. You just stay between the rocks and try not to run over a fishermen. I have made the run after the poker run for several years. I just hope for a good moon.
No joke..Just..VERY Far !

A full moon & No clouds will do it...I'm not thatlucky tho !
Old 07-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Registered

Many thanks to everyone here for the info., I will start doing some checking, I knew it would be a long shot for rooms at the lodge but you never know.I have made that trip back from Grider Hill more than a few times at night, as was said here hope for no clouds, a full moon and stay between the rocks, and of course don't run over any fisherman.By the way any one going to the lake this weekend, we're heading down in the morning staying thru sunday, hope to see some of you folks. We hang out at around Grider Hill, Otter Creek, sometimes 76 falls and dam in the evening, if anyone sees us say hello, Formula 303, purple, teal, red, graphics( Dancing Bear 111).
Old 07-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

FYI........ I called mon morning about "boatel's" and they are all booked. they said that they've been booked for awhile now.good luck with your search.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Yes we booked them all last year while we were there at State Dock, we usually have about 20 boats, I am telling you this guy will try to work with you especially if you have something to offer the party, dosent' need to be a boat, anything..food,party supply stuff, women anything we are always looking for more people to come aboard and help us out with all the partying stuff, talk to him, see what he can do.