Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm >

"Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Notices

"Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts
Default Re: "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Jobbienooner = sausagefest
Old 06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Originally Posted by rlj676
Thanks for the reply. This is starting to look like good news for me. I will be moving up from MO and had been planning on boating on LOTO, and was going to miss that. It looks like I may not have to, and it will be less of a drive. Because I will be moving somewhere new and am 25 and single this sounds like a great way to meet some people outside of work. Another thing I have been trying to find out is do most people trailer their boats, or have slips, or put in service, etc. Are there houses and condos on the water with docks, or just public ramps. Thanks again.
yes yes and yes, you can trailer, there are lots of ramps on both lakes and the river. Lots of people rack store, and there are tons of home on the water (not that many condos) Since you are 25 I would suspect that the prices on the water would keep you from buying a home on Lake Erie or Lake St Clair. What city is your job located in, will you be going to the same location each day, do you have a boat now.
My suggestion is if possible rent somewhere near the east side of the metro Detroit area, rack or store you boat near a ramp for Lake St Clair, you will find it closer to the LOTO atmoshere than lake Erie
Old 06-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
yes yes and yes, you can trailer, there are lots of ramps on both lakes and the river. Lots of people rack store, and there are tons of home on the water (not that many condos) Since you are 25 I would suspect that the prices on the water would keep you from buying a home on Lake Erie or Lake St Clair. What city is your job located in, will you be going to the same location each day, do you have a boat now.
My suggestion is if possible rent somewhere near the east side of the metro Detroit area, rack or store you boat near a ramp for Lake St Clair, you will find it closer to the LOTO atmoshere than lake Erie
I'll be working in Dearborn, you can probably guess for who. I don't currently have a truck and would rather not tow so I'd love a house on the water or else rack storage. What do waterfront houses start at? What would you estimate rack storage costs at? If I sacrifice on niceness of a boat I could probably swing a house most 25 year olds couldn't, but I will have to decide on that tradeoff. Thanks again for the advice and I like what I'm learning about Lake St Clair in comparison to LOTO. It sounds like I may even be able to run a smaller cat there that would beat me senseless on LOTO
Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you will be working for Ford, congratulations. I don't have a lot of the answers you are looking for. Do the mileage between work and St Clair Shores to see if it is a possibility to live there. Register on the web site, that docrocker put a link to in your thread, and post some of your questions there. You might want to PM OSO members Fantasticvouage, and DKWestern both are you single guys with boats I bet they will take you out and show you the Moot and some of the other places you will enjoy. They can also give you some good advice. My husband and I live an hour from Lake St Clair so I am just not as up to speed as others might be. If you want logistics questions answered about LSC you really must register on that site, and start a thread, if you do by the time you arrive you will proably have stuff lined up to do.
Donna
PS
I will be watching that site, to see if you have taken my advice (spoken in a motherly voice )

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-22-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I guess you will be working for Ford, congratulations. I don't have a lot of the answers you are looking for. Do the mileage between work and St Clair Shores to see if it is a possibility to live there. Register on the web site, that docrocker put a link to in your thread, and post some of your questions there. You might want to PM OSO members Fantasticvouage, and DKWestern both are you single guys with boats I bet they will take you out and show you the Moot and some of the other places you will enjoy. They can also give you some good advice. My husband and I live an hour from Lake St Clair so I am just not as up to speed as others might be. If you want logistics questions answered about LSC you really must register on that site, and start a thread, if you do by the time you arrive you will proably have stuff lined up to do.
Donna
PS
I will be watching that site, to see if you have taken my advice (spoken in a motherly voice )
Thank you again for the help. I have been looking around on that site trying to find out more info also. It looks like St Clair Shores is a 30 min drive, so that would be doable. I would idealy like to find a place with a slip, but that might just have to wait a few years. In any case, I will be working there by July 24th and hopefully boating at the beginning of next season. I think I will pm the guys you mentioned and see what they know about areas to live around Detroit as I have no idea. I am looking forward to getting up there and your help is appreciated.
Rick