Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tampa/West Coast FL - Marina Dilemma... HELP! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107740-tampa-west-coast-fl-marina-dilemma-help.html)

Shooter 07-14-2005 06:41 PM

Tampa/West Coast FL - Marina Dilemma... HELP!

Hi Guys,

I need to know if any of my OSO brethern in the West Coast of FL know where I can rent or some how compensate someone with a trailer that can fit a 30' Twin that weighs 6400 lbs. I'm in Palm Harbor which is right outside Tampa.

I moved to Tampa about 7 mos ago and was sold a whole line on HomePort Marina... how great the service dept. was, the restaurant, how they accomodated boaters. Well fast-forward 7 months and that ain't eaxctly how it is. As far as a place to store, rack, and get gas it's fines. But they closed the service dept, closed the bar, and as far as accomodating, not to mention a rate increase.

Since there is no longer a service dept., I have a mechanic who needs to pull my engine to fix what he suspects is a hole in my #6 cylinder. HomePort just came out with a policy that disallows anyone from pulling motors - can you beleive it! This was very common until recently. Each person I talk to gives my another story, ... insurance liability (my mechainc has a 2 mil policy), it would "tweak" the forklifts (they lift 15000lb boats)... etc. Great attitute, if I complain, they are "leave and we'll put anotother one in there so fast your gears will spin". Terrific... whats worse they convinvced me that there was no need for the trailer I had so I sold it when I left NJ.

Right now I'm screwed, been 2 months without it hitting the water, have a mechanic good to go who can do the job in 48 hrs time.

Does anyone know where I can rent or have a trailer I can pay for some time on on the West Coast of FL? I've been a member since the 'ol days and would gladly leave some collateral.. money, dog, kids, wife (well maybe not an incentive). If not I can't get it done for another 1-2 months.

THANX

Johno 07-14-2005 07:32 PM

Re: Tampa/West Coast FL - Marina Dilemma... HELP!

Check out American trailer rental,2 locations that I know. There's a location on US 19 Clw/Palm Harbor area right by the Traffic court & just on the other side of Gandy in Tpa.
Good luck

Donzi Corleone 07-14-2005 08:32 PM

Ditto...Johno

LongShot 07-14-2005 08:46 PM

American Trailer Rental on Gandy is the way to go. The trailers are in good condition and service is good to.

BZ 07-14-2005 09:43 PM

if that dosen't work pm me and I have a buddy who is the commodore of the power squadron on Island Estates he may know of someone who has a trailer you can just borrow.....BZ

Shooter 07-15-2005 09:31 AM

Thank for any help you can provide. Called American and there is a tournament in the Keys.