Hello - New Here - Info Please >

Hello - New Here - Info Please

Notices

Hello - New Here - Info Please

Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello - New Here - Info Please

Hey everybody. I'm new to the forum here in Tulsa, OK, and I have a question. We (my wife & myself) are planning on purchasing a boat in the spring. Looking at 25'-26' as holiday weekends will probably be spent on Lake of the Ozarks with typical weekends closer to Tulsa.

I am looking at 2 models pretty hard. The Baja 25 Outlaw & the Sonic 260 Prowler. I'm looking for some input on these choices or possibly other suggestions. We will definitely be buying used.

One concern I have is build quality. Back in the mid nineties, I had a friend with a Profile 29'. What I remember most is that it always sounded like an open box of tools running down the lake. I want something that is going to be solid and not sound like the floor is going to give way underneath me.

I'm leaning more towards the Sonic simply because the Lakes around here are full of Baja boats.

Can someone give me some info as to their experiences with these boats and their thoughts on quality?

Thanks for the help!!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:23 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Hello - New Here - Info Please

Sonic.... or the 25AT, even though its not one of the two you mention.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The active thunder is a very well built boat.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Registered

25AT = 25 Active Thunder? Yeah, I have looked at a few pics of those. Thanks for the input. That'll give me a little more to consider.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Registered

If you're going to spend much time at LOTO on any summer weekend you really need to think about a bigger boat. 30' is what most will say is comfortable. The average boat size keeps getting bigger year after year, and therefore the chop. If we could get all the 50' cruiser owners into offshore boats it would be much better...

There are TONS of Bajas on the lake, and I don't have much personal experience with them but there are plenty of happy owners. If you want something rock solid you're going to want to look at Formula or Cigarette...
Old 07-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Registered

The Sonic will please the wife with the cabin room and ride quality. Happy wife = happy you
Old 07-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CObarry
If you're going to spend much time at LOTO on any summer weekend you really need to think about a bigger boat. 30' is what most will say is comfortable. The average boat size keeps getting bigger year after year, and therefore the chop. If we could get all the 50' cruiser owners into offshore boats it would be much better...

There are TONS of Bajas on the lake, and I don't have much personal experience with them but there are plenty of happy owners. If you want something rock solid you're going to want to look at Formula or Cigarette...
I spent ALOT of time at LOTO in the nineties and it was a complete mess then. I can only imagine it has gotten worse. I haven't been on the lake in 5 years.

I am probably looking to spend in the 50k-60k range. I would like to get a 28-30 footer, but I don't think I can get one that would fit my requirements in my price range. Also, I think with a 25'-26' pulling my son on a tube and whatnot will still be feasible.

I have lots of looking to do & some time to do it. Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate it. keep it comin!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Superboat has a 30Y2K w/ 496 for sale for 53k!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered

I know of a nice 29' Powerquest, 1996, that would be definitely below your price range - more money for gas. Has the weekender package with fridge, microwave, sink, portapottie with a pumpout. Just to muddy the waters a bit...
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I had a 24' Sonic. They are not the fastest boats on the water but built to take a pounding. Plus the cabin in nice and tall. You won't need to get on your knees to get into the cabin.

Plus they aren't all over the water.

Quick Reply: Hello - New Here - Info Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.