Notices

What Would You Do???

Old 07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: What Would You Do???

At the ramp I would of run right up to him and told him to hit me instead... Cowards like that don't last long in front of real resistence...

Unfortunately she probably got the sh!t kicked out of her later just cause you intervened...

If the Lady is so captive that she denies getting hit she's in a world of crap that even you cannot get her out of, sadly. She'll have to make the first move to get out.

Sad situation indeed.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did the correct thing by trying to help her and show your concern for her by trying to get the authorities involved. It is sad because the teenage son is seeing his father (assumption made here) beat the crap out of his wife as a normal thing to do and will probably pass it down to the next generation.

Unfortunely the only person who can make a real difference and stop the cycle is the one who won't remove herself from the abusive inviroment she is in.

Sure, It would have felt good to beat the $hit out of the pu$$y that hit her, maybe it would have shown his son of a potential consequence to hitting a woman, but in the end you could have been arrested for assult and she would have gotten it worse at home

A sad situation for sure
Old 07-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Playn.

But man oh man I would've wanted to drop him.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Registered

Corey,

I admire your courage for getting involved and your restraint for holding back when it involved another child. The guy certainly deserves a big ole' can of whoop a$$, but unfortunately you would likely be the one in trouble in the end.

I have seen this same behavior from battered women over and over again in the Emergency Room. They get the snot beat out of them, then come up with some lame B.S. story about what happened. When you confront them, they get tearful and admit he did it. Go through all the trouble to counsel them, find them alternative safe places to stay, set them up with social service, find them a back way out of the hospital. Then they walk around to the parking lot and get back into the P.O.S. pick-up truck with him and drive off.

Very frustrating social dilemma.

You might want to have someone keep a close eye on your truck/trailer next time you're out. Cowards like him will go to great lengths to "get even".

Last edited by RedDog382; 07-18-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies, I have been beating myself up over that situation all day just trying to figure if I did the right thing or not. Like GLH said, I'm sure she went home and got the crap beat out of her, but I think she would have either way. Takes a real tough guy to hit a woman or child doesn't it
Old 07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You did the right thing and like some one said already more then most would have done. You hit him and your life changes not his

You can not blame the women hear they get often times brought up in this environment and it is not a easy one to get out of.

Jon
Old 07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

You did the right thing, but you can only help people that want to help themselves. Maybe some day you will see him again alone and see what he says then.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

An abused woman is like a drunk or druggie. You can't help them until they are willing to admit they have a problem and need help. Damned shame
Old 07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Registered

You did the right thing!!! As others said, hitting him would change your life. AND... I've learned that you can't help those who don't want to be helped, surely the case with this woman. I'd only have gotten involved if it were a means of protecting the woman from the guy coming at her... then you can claim self defense... otherwise you would come out looking like the agressor and you would be the one behind bars... Unfortunately, we can't cure things by beating one azzhole at a time!!! The age of being a gentleman in this type of situation is a thing of the past!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Like someone said if he knows what you're driving and your boat then you did the right thing. Guys like that will go to great lengths to get even. The last thing you want is doing is messing with your family when you're not around. Now, if you could have walked up to him and he not had a clue then it's a different story!

But I also agree about the son thing. He needs to see what happens when you hit a woman!

Don't beat yourself up about it, the MAIN thing is you did SOMETHING and made a hell of an effort! That is more than the average person would have done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.