Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New way to steer a Tiger... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107958-new-way-steer-tiger.html)

GLH 07-18-2005 01:16 PM

Re: New way to steer a Tiger...

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
.... pulling both motors..

Threw one heck of a rod if it damaged both engines!

HiPerf2000 07-18-2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by el indio
glh are you near vergennes vermont?...........mark.p.s. I would rather have a busted cig or apache then some off brand running..........2 cents...........mark...........

I HEAR YA !!!! i was cruising around in my off brand boat all weekend having a great time, until I saw an apache launching, so i headed to the marina and put the boat away.

i couldn't bring myself to face the embarrasement of having an off brand in the presence of the elite. :rolleyes:

AeroSpeedMarine 07-18-2005 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Threw one heck of a rod if it damaged both engines!

pulling the other one and refreshing the motor cause im scared of the hrs on the boat i think i was lied to..

WARPARTY36 07-18-2005 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
I HEAR YA !!!! i was cruising around in my off brand boat all weekend having a great time, until I saw an apache launching, so i headed to the marina and put the boat away.

i couldn't bring myself to face the embarrasement of having an off brand in the presence of the elite. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D That's funny chit right there. I would have done the same thing since I only have a 36 :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter what you have as long as you're floating.

GoCiggie31 07-18-2005 02:47 PM

GLH,
Sorry to hear about the drive...wish you a speedy recovery back on the water....

Sure a good looking Tiger ya got :cool: Probably looks better on plane :p

lonestar382 07-18-2005 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000

ROFLMFAO!!!! :D :D :D :D :drink: :drink:

waterheater 07-18-2005 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
The way he jacks them up all the time I doubt the u-joints will last long on those... :D

Pete keep them low your trailer is high enough!

Yes Dad :D

cuda 07-18-2005 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
I can't tell you how many people, on a busy weekend, fly by in boats (any type) laughing, yelling to me "Come on, get on it", waving confused, and so on ... I mean pontoons and row boats!! were passing me ... it's humbling when your used to flying by all them while waving.

;)

I had that same experience this weekend. :(

vandy021 07-18-2005 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear about your luck :( We were there two weeks ago at SOTW when we blew a brand new tranny. Luckily it wasn't our fault, it was some rigging that was never done right from the go. It's never fun going back in on one engine and putting it on a trailer in high winds.... Hope your boat is running soon and you are back on the water. It's never easy when it breaks.

Best of luck

penbroke 07-18-2005 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Be back on the water by Wednesday, so no bigs. :D

Spoken like a man with spare drives and a mechanic on standby. :eek:

Frank

PS: If the jones gets bad I know where there's a TG sittin' in some weeds.... :D