Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago Poker Run Stops??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107985-chicago-poker-run-stops.html)

KSFLYER1 07-19-2005 10:36 AM

Re: Chicago Poker Run Stops???

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
we could use some passengers, poker running every weekend is getting expensive. Anyone with money out there want a ride :D

If Bob Z is right about the southwest wind, we may be riding with you!

PatriYacht 07-19-2005 12:00 PM

Southwest wind, it should be smooth. And the weather says about 90 degrees the whole weekend. How long total miles is the poker run?

KSFLYER1 07-19-2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Southwest wind, it should be smooth. And the weather says about 90 degrees the whole weekend. How long total miles is the poker run?

Stops and Length depends on who you ask. KS

Donzi38ZX 07-19-2005 01:18 PM

Stops are the same as always just some go by different names. Belmont or Wilson, Monroe or Buckingham etc. GPS coordinates will be part of the registration package. The length is approx 110 miles.

PatriYacht 07-19-2005 01:35 PM

Thanks, I want to make sure to bring enough gas.

REBEL4845 07-19-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by candyman35
Better yet join the run. The best thing about a Poker Run is all the great people you meet. We have some good meals planned and the reception party and award banquet will be in an air conditioned ballroom. I think the course will allow Extreme Boats Magazine some really cool shots for an upcoming magazine article on the event. Besides all the proceeds go to a great charity.

Dan

I wish I could go on the run but I have a 28ft check with only a 65 gallon tank. Cruising at 50 mph, I would have to stop twice for fuel.

el indio 07-19-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Payton
Mark, are you going to do the run?
We can always use a few more Marks.

hi marc going to fla. be back in 2 weeks.........be safe .....m.m............

MarkSmith 07-19-2005 10:07 PM

Mark is a big supporter of the Chicago Powerboat Club and The Chicago Poker Run.

Mark

el indio 07-19-2005 10:39 PM

hi mr smith.........have a safe time..........mark..........

Quiet Storm 07-19-2005 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by REBEL4845
I wish I could go on the run but I have a 28ft check with only a 65 gallon tank. Cruising at 50 mph, I would have to stop twice for fuel.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. There's plenty of places to refuel along the way and running out of gas isn't that big of a deal :eek:

Believe me , I have first hand experience with running out of gas during a poker run in a 28' Checkmate :rolleyes: It's not fun but better than breaking something. :D

Come on, it's going to be a lot of fun. :drink: