Notices

Lake Tahoe ?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lake Tahoe ?

If you're in Reno you have NO excuse for not driving up the pass to the lake! You sure as chit won't be dissapointed by what you see. You'll probaby want to go up I80 to Truckee then head over to the lake. If you end up in Tahoe City, head south down 89 to the West Shore. You'll find the Sunnyside down there. They have the BEST fish taco's north of Ensinada. When you go to the bar ask for a guy named Dana and tell him I sent you over and he'll take good care of you.

Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I kept my Sutphen there last summer. Very enjoyable. Great scenery. Serious boating enthusiasts there, too.
I saw 2 of my favorite allt-time boats...a 30 Windsrocraft and a 29 Kavalk. Then came along a 60' (or so) new Riva...Holy Chit!
Attached Thumbnails Lake Tahoe ?-laket.jpg  
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
If you're in Reno you have NO excuse for not driving up the pass to the lake! You sure as chit won't be dissapointed by what you see. You'll probaby want to go up I80 to Truckee then head over to the lake. If you end up in Tahoe City, head south down 89 to the West Shore. You'll find the Sunnyside down there. They have the BEST fish taco's north of Ensinada. When you go to the bar ask for a guy named Dana and tell him I sent you over and he'll take good care of you.

Enjoy!
Sounds like fun! I think I will try to make it over tomorrow afternoon. Will Dana know you as "Lofty"?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Charter Member#1205
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Reno the quickest way to the lake is Mt Rose Hwy 431,just south of Reno on 395. It will take you to Incline Village where I keep my Scarab.
Lots of weekend warriors on the lake and lots of Classic Chris craft type boats. These guys get kind of stuck up,out on the water, just like the nose of their boats. I had one swerve in front of me last year and he almost was in 2 pieces(no brakes on a scarab).
Ultimate launch is sand harbor at Incline, its the most beautiful boat launch in the world, crystal clear water, big pines and giant granite boulders make a natural harbor. Worth the trip!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Charter Member#1205
Charter Member

Lofty where do you live? I'm in San Mateo and my cabin is on Mt Rose!
You going up for Hot August Nights?
Terry
Old 07-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered

Terry, I'm ovder in the East Bay, Pleasant Hill-Lafayette border. I'll be skipping Hot August Nights this year. We trailered my GT40 up for it last year. What a blast!

I have to agree, Sand Harbor is a great place to launch. Is your Scarab orange yellow red? If so I talked to you when you where launching last June. I think you where having trouble getting one motor to light?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
Sounds like fun! I think I will try to make it over tomorrow afternoon. Will Dana know you as "Lofty"?

Thanks!

Dana knows me as Fionn (Finn).

He always calls me Phineus J Whoopy. Mother F'r....
Old 07-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Registered

The weekend warioirs at the lake are bad. I hate to admit it but I'm one too, I just try not to fit in with them.

The most common new boat on the lake is Cobalt. The locals all say Cobalt stands for "Can't Operate Boat At Lake Tahoe"
Old 07-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tahoe is a beautiful place summer or winter. I'm from the East Coast and am amazed how undeveloped it is considering how close it is to San Francisco. If you're passing through Reno, you have to head up there.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

Tahoe has been perfect for the last week. Temps near 90 the last week with little wind in the afternoons. I keep my Fountain 35 Lightning on a bouy all summer at Edgewood Golf Course. It's the best place to be in the summer (my opinion).

I dropped the pitch on my props by 2. Works great for me. Don't have to re-jet with EFI's.

Quick Reply: Lake Tahoe ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.