Notices

#4 Speedmasters

Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Steve_H

Default #4 Speedmasters

kinda looking at a boat that has them. any drawbacks to them? parts availability? props alot more expensive then bravos?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: #4 Speedmasters

Originally Posted by Steve_H
kinda looking at a boat that has them. any drawbacks to them? parts availability? props alot more expensive then bravos?
1-yes. 2-drying up........3-new props.........5 times a bravo..........anything else?....mark..
Old 07-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Steve_H

that about covers it
thanks mm

Old 07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you looking at Steve? Say you're old Apache in my cove last weekend. It ujst didn't seem right without you driving
Old 07-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by OBNOXUS21
What are you looking at Steve? Say you're old Apache in my cove last weekend. It ujst didn't seem right without you driving
i feel the same way

im looking at anything and everything but this Chris Cat kinda sparked my interest.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/7/79906537.htm
Attached Thumbnails #4 Speedmasters-chriscat.jpg  

Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered

You could always tell him to keep the drives, deduct the price of 2 rebuilt SSMs, and buy a pair of used Vs.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
You could always tell him to keep the drives, deduct the price of 2 rebuilt SSMs, and buy a pair of used Vs.
5s are obsolete as well..........so i was told.............next stop #6...........cya..........
Old 07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Buying a boat with 4's isn't all bad as long as you do the proper planning. If you buy the boat, stock up and have one good set-up of drives rebuilt and waiting just in case. If you puke a drive, it's hard to get them back together fast.

Here are two sets in the classifieds. Again, although parts are getting harder to come by, if you plan ahead and take care of the drives with frequent oil changes, it shouldn't be a bid deal.

What ratio does the boat have?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5717.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5537.html
dont know yet. waiting for call back/email from seller.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

If you are looking at a boat with #4's make sure they are large propshaft #4's. If they are not nothing and I mean nothing is available for them. If they are large shafts you can still get bearings and seals but not the gear sets, and run the same prop as a SSM 3A or 5. There is a clean set for sale in the back of the Florida boat trader.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by flatdeck36
If you are looking at a boat with #4's make sure they are large propshaft #4's. If they are not nothing and I mean nothing is available for them. If they are large shafts you can still get bearings and seals but not the gear sets, and run the same prop as a SSM 3A or 5. There is a clean set for sale in the back of the Florida boat trader.
thanks for the education guys. i dont want anything that i cant readily get parts for.

the shopping continues...................

Quick Reply: #4 Speedmasters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.