Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating in the Delaware River (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108192-boating-delaware-river.html)

HiPerf2000 07-21-2005 01:48 PM

Re: Boating in the Delaware River

I only go swimming up the cove from time to time. never noticed a film before when i got out?? But that's what my shower is for, right :p

We mainly go up there to party. usually have 15 - 20 boats tied up with our group.

Probably head out tonight somewhere..... Rock Lobster ??

bcoffield 07-21-2005 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
I only go swimming up the cove from time to time. never noticed a film before when i got out?? But that's what my shower is for, right :p

Shower...no show on my boat. Next year I can start looking for a floating condo like yours.

Back in the day my day and uncle's spent every weekend anchored in the cove. Hell most of the Boats in the state marine too. Go up on Friday after work and stay till late Sunday.

Smarty 07-21-2005 02:37 PM

When we go out on the river we put in at Hargrove's and boat north to Trenton Marine, Tullytown cove, but "the Hairy Canary" was sold three weeks ago. Now the 15' Boston Whaler is out on the river on a Sunday for a cruise, till the replacement for the Magnum is found.

HiPerf2000 07-21-2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bcoffield
Shower...no show on my boat. Next year I can start looking for a floating condo like yours.

Back in the day my day and uncle's spent every weekend anchored in the cove. Hell most of the Boats in the state marine too. Go up on Friday after work and stay till late Sunday.

What is the name of his boat ? What kind of boat ? I more than likely know them.....i grew up in that cove. did the same thing with my parents...Friday to Monday.

HiPerf2000 07-21-2005 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty
When we go out on the river we put in at Hargrove's and boat north to Trenton Marine, Tullytown cove, but "the Hairy Canary" was sold three weeks ago. Now the 15' Boston Whaler is out on the river on a Sunday for a cruise, till the replacement for the Magnum is found.

You sold the Hairy Canary ??? I've always loved that boat since i was a kid. Where did it go ? Still in the area ?

C_Spray 07-21-2005 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by mopower
....Tentative plans call for the Chesapeake Saturday , launching at Salem NJ or Del. City but very likely be out there this Sunday , keep an eye out :cool: 272 Formula

If you're out in the Chesapeake, we'll be creek-hopping with friends, starting with Still Pond around 10:00 AM, then working our way up through Lloyd's, Back Creek (Sassafras), and finally winding up just across from Skipjack Cove near Georgetown. You know the boat - silver 382 FasTech.

Chuck

mopower 07-21-2005 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray
If you're out in the Chesapeake, we'll be creek-hopping with friends, starting with Still Pond around 10:00 AM, then working our way up through Lloyd's, Back Creek (Sassafras), and finally winding up just across from Skipjack Cove near Georgetown. You know the boat - silver 382 FasTech.

Chuck

Actually , making a lunch run to the C.I. then perhaps a short ride. Taking the wifes boss and her husband out for her birthday:rolleyes:

The Hairy Canary was sold :eek: :eek: . Where did it go???

Russ, how is that ramp and docks. Particularly at low tide I haven't been up there in years. How about $'s and hours of operation?

SLINGSHOT 07-21-2005 05:08 PM

RUSSEL :evilb:

Smarty 07-21-2005 05:42 PM

[QUOTE=mopower]Actually , making a lunch run to the C.I. then perhaps a short ride. Taking the wifes boss and her husband out for her birthday:rolleyes:

The Hairy Canary was sold :eek: :eek: . Where did it go???

Russ, how is that ramp and docks. Particularly at low tide I haven't been up there in years. How about $'s and hours of operation?[/QUOTE
My father owned "the Hairy Canary" for the last 18 years, and sold to someone from Toms River, NJ. It is will out on Barnegat Bay. I have many good memories on that boat, it will be missed.

David 07-21-2005 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Child
Live on the Rancocas Creek always on the river running my 37 OL "Wild Child" always going south to "up the creek" in Wilmington or the the C&D usally run with a friend with a 28 Skater

Whereabouts might you be on the Rancocas? I know the waters there well. Don't think there is enough water once you get past W-boro. Maybe Delanco? I almost bought a house across from old Big "D". Oh, yeah Do you know where Dunbar marina is? How about Ebble's marina?