Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108251-old-race-boats-where-they-now.html)

Nykamp 10-03-2005 09:37 AM

Re: OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now?

The 41 APACHE "ALLEZ VITE" is now our poker run and pleasure boat and she is back in her, home waters of west michigan. Steve

stinger312 10-03-2005 12:59 PM

here she is back then....

JnT 10-24-2005 06:15 PM

CAUTION! This is an old thread but has lots of great info. :)

Ron P 10-24-2005 09:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What's old is new again. You'll see this boat, renamed WARPAINT running in Key West with a fresh set of Bandit Racing Engines. This is a Super Boat Unlimited entry. Enjoy the show.

CougarM 10-25-2005 08:15 AM

The 1979 38' Bertram "FlapJack" #45, raced and owned by the late Howard Quam, was sold at the end of the 1979 season to Ted Tolman of Tolman Group in England.

Since 1979 this boat has been in England, it raced as Tolman Group, Peter Stuyvesant, and then Carlsberg, when it was retired from racing it was fitted with twin 425hp Mercruisers and used as a pleasure boat on a lake in Scotland, when Ted moved abroad the boat was sold and renamed Ocean Thunder, its owner used the boat regularly for two years, it was then parked in our yard for about 5 years with very little use, time was starting to show so earlier this year the engines where removed and the boat was sold to Germany. I understand that its new owner has plans to rebuild and get back on the water

Biggus 10-25-2005 08:47 AM

There's an old wooden race cat named Flap Jack sitting in a lot down in Newburyport, Mass.

Is this one of Howard's old boats?

CIG3 10-25-2005 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is our race boat. Rascal a 1973 40' Caricoff. It has been campaigned in APBA, OPT and GLSCS over the last 30 years by Frank Cichon (owner) and my family. The canopy was added back in 1993 when we ran Super V. We still try to get her out a couple time a year in GLSCS and OPA races.

Andy Bloom

Mange 10-25-2005 09:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Phantom1
As the history goes from the long hours of research, Aronow ran a total of six 28’ Maltese Magnums in 1967 (2) with (3) 110 horsepower outboards (Mercury’s), (2) with single 427-450 h.p. and (2) with 427-450 h.p. twins. He ran white hulls in the U.S. and green hull in Europe.

Execpt for 1967 when Don raced this O/B x3 Magnum here in Sweden....

BTW a realy coool thread, keep it come more pix....

Mange

JERSEY DEVIL 10-25-2005 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 818181
A few months ago I came acroos an old Bertram,38', called Dyno-Mite. Hull is all there,no trailer, but owner is willing to sell! let me know if anybody's interested. Dave

any pictures of this boat may be interested thanks