Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108251-old-race-boats-where-they-now.html)

Downtown42 07-22-2005 09:50 AM

Re: OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now?

Re: Old Race Boats where are they now?

Cig factory still makes them.. :p

J-Bonz 07-22-2005 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Re: Old Race Boats where are they now?

Cig factory still makes them.. :p

Thats to funny

lowblue320 07-22-2005 10:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
remember this I heard this is the condition today......love nostalgia race boats

Semper Fi 07-22-2005 11:01 AM

Cool Thread :drink: :drink: :drink:

littledcsrodshop 07-22-2005 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of an old cat That was sitting outside someones building last time at was at the Pantera factory.
(sorry for the poor shot, it had boats parked all around it.)
I know the bottom of the boat was wood, I don't know about the upper deck. Pretty cool old boat. I would guess the boat was raced in the 80's by the colors ect.. ( but just a guess )

magnum27 07-22-2005 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Here is a picture of an old cat That was sitting outside someones building last time at was at the Pantera factory.
(sorry for the poor shot, it had boats parked all around it.)
I know the bottom of the boat was wood, I don't know about the upper deck. Pretty cool old boat. I would guess the boat was raced in the 80's by the colors ect.. ( but just a guess )

yea that boat has some interesting history, just ask Allan Brown!!

Sean 07-22-2005 11:42 AM

i'd like to buy one of the old cig race boats one day...but i'd like to rescue one from a field somehwere and bring it back...

dry martini has always been a favorite of mine, but the old slapshot and longshot and bouty hunters were WAY cool too. I'd resore it to the way ti was whenit was raced...

charlie, do you have any plans to duplicate the paint scheme, etc?

magnum27 07-22-2005 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like that Cig black actually, but I'm kind of biased

magnum27 07-22-2005 12:22 PM

who has Warpath #69 apache, didn't I see it posted a while back at a boat show or something, is it still rigged like it was back in the day or has it been updated? Or the Cary named "The Cigarette" raced by Don. I always wondered what happened to that boat in particular.

lucky strike 07-22-2005 05:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This race boat is sitting on our lift in the backyard. Lots of history with many championships.

L.S.