Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108251-old-race-boats-where-they-now.html)

88teameliminator#7 11-18-2005 07:18 AM

Re: OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now?

i had this post under a different topic but thought it really fit here maybe someone can help!----- :drink: i bought an 1988 27 elininator daytona in new york and i'm thinking of restoring it to its origional glory. ken, the guy i bought it from tells me that the hull was team eliminators race boat at one time. i can verify this by slight varyations in the gell coat where the team eliminator graphics were. (also the #7) . the hull was built in the now defunked wisconsion plant. ken, also tells me that under the flooring i will find stringer mounts for a third moter. this boat has front bolsters that are in the center of the boat, side by side. i am looking for any info i can get my hands on about this boat. the gell is white w/7 color reds . the radar arch still says team eliminator anyone having archives or knowing where to find them would be greatly apprecated! p! :D i'll post a pic of its preasent condition soon

thedonz 11-18-2005 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Shockwave used to be Finish Line

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THE STARBOARD OUTDRIVE'S SKEG IN POST 147

JR

Top Banana 11-20-2005 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by woogie
Is the cig in the popular Aronow pic still around? Not many other pics of it... or was it repainted. Can't read the name ..

I remember this boat at the factory. I think it was built for a European or mid east customer and was getting ready for shipping. The coat of arms of the owner was painted on behind the number.

Don made some joke about it belonging to "another one of the kings". He sold many boats at that time to various kings around the world.

Willy Myers supervised the building of a 35 that was sold to the Shah of Iran. Willy went with the boat when it was deliverd to Iran and the Shah gave him a beautiful gold Rolex watch engraved on the back with the Shah's name. This all happened before the Ayatollah took over.

Hauling Trash 11-22-2005 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I'll try to get more up guys. Been having connection issues on this end.... :( :( :(

Hauling Trash: I need pics of RUNAWAY if you got them. Also, do you know where it may be today???

Shes overseas.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-23-2005 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Shes overseas.

You have any pics of it? :confused:

thedonz 11-24-2005 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
look what i found it's located in new zealand look to the far back right

jr

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-25-2005 04:57 PM

Nice find Jr.!!! :drink:

lucky strike 11-25-2005 05:34 PM

Good eye Jr.

Steve

Hauling Trash 11-25-2005 07:03 PM

Good eye, Love to see more

Shane 11-27-2005 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz
look what i found it's located in new zealand look to the far back right

jr

Excellent agent! Congrats on the Championship. Also, I think that particular boat is still being raced overseas. :D