Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108251-old-race-boats-where-they-now.html)

Dd24skater 07-28-2005 10:31 AM

Re: OLD RACE BOATS - Where are they now?

Anyone know what happened to "Dirty Laundry" Joe Mach's old cat from the late 80's early 90's?

BODYSHOT1 07-28-2005 02:31 PM

anyone familiar with the 28 Bertram in the classifieds??

Ron P 07-28-2005 04:24 PM

I hear Rocky Aoki will be at the race in Ortley NJ on August 12th.

Who else is coming?

Ryan Beckley 07-28-2005 10:32 PM

The 40 CUV Dirty Laundry was last owned by Clay Wilson and called Sea Escape and raced with Errol Lanier ......about 6-7 years ago???
The 50 CUV is owned byt the guy who owns Declawed, Jester, Dirty Laundry, and Pale Face among others. Last I saw it it was still red and yellow.

Shane 07-29-2005 06:04 AM

I was just contaced by the guy that bought the Shadow Cat that I raced and crashed in Key West in 1996. It is now in Montreal. Nothing has been done to it since it was "BAND-AIDED" back together in the winter of 96-97. He is planning on completely restoring it and using it as a poker run boat. Sent me pictures and BOY did it bring back memories. Some of the stuff that was in it for the race when we crashed was still in the boat!

I may go see it this weekend.

Phantom1 07-29-2005 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Shane
I was just contaced by the guy that bought the Shadow Cat that I raced and crashed in Key West in 1996. It is now in Montreal. Nothing has been done to it since it was "BAND-AIDED" back together in the winter of 96-97. He is planning on completely restoring it and using it as a poker run boat. Sent me pictures and BOY did it bring back memories. Some of the stuff that was in it for the race when we crashed was still in the boat!

I may go see it this weekend.

What was the name of that boat?

Sean 07-29-2005 07:51 AM

pennzoil

CMG 07-29-2005 08:07 AM

Shane, post the pics for us

Phantom1 07-29-2005 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sean
pennzoil

I remember now..........

Top Banana 07-29-2005 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of Don running one of the "original banana boats" .

They were yellow of course, and more than a handful to drive as they were less than 7 feet wide.

Don felt that by going that narrow, the boat gave a lot up in safety even though it gained speed.

Last I heard, Don sold one of them to an oil guy in Texas who was active in offshore in the early days..Mecom. I think another was recently up for sale in South Florida somewhere.

These boats were from the 60's, before the Magnum or Cigarette era.